• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

where to get an optimized y-pipe

SVT_TEE

CEG'er
i was looking for another exhaust mod that isnt to crazy and an easy bolt on... where can i get an optimized y-pipe... i keep hearing about them and i want one.. suggestions.. ,thanks T

Needs lots more searching.

You optimize your own.

Or

You go in the classifieds and buy a used one.

pm Pole120 (Josh) I believe his shop has some. let him know what ya need and he should be able to do something for ya

Anyone know how much he's wanting for a y-pipe. I'm in chicago for awhile, and if they are decnetly priced i may have to pick one up...

I'm just waiting on a new welder that should be here in the following weeks. I'll be doing them then, but as of right now please stop PMing me. :laugh:

My y-pipes also come with a two-stage ceramic coating that has so far lasted through 3 Wisconsin winters.

1) Prices can be given thru PMs
2) You can paint over the ceramic...or i can send it bare metal

For all of your information, my optimizing process goes beyond the typical job people do. I remove more material from the Y section and re-build the transition for a smooth transition and better flow. If I ever get a chance I'd love to have my Y flow tested against an MSDS or other after market, as i think i can flow nearly as well if not better for less money.

do you have units in stock as to where you can ship them out and once yours is recieved they can send back there y pipe for the core? if so do you have any 3 bolt style?

1) Prices can be given thru PMs
2) You can paint over the ceramic...or i can send it bare metal

For all of your information, my optimizing process goes beyond the typical job people do. I remove more material from the Y section and re-build the transition for a smooth transition and better flow. If I ever get a chance I'd love to have my Y flow tested against an MSDS or other after market, as i think i can flow nearly as well if not better for less money.

sorry to keep this going, but i did PM you, i never heard back

Whew! I haven't been in this forum since my CSVT got totalled.

I need to start by throwing out the ol' "what's up" to GTO Pete for the UDPs he hooked me up with what seems like forever ago. Are DemonSVT and Big Jim still around? Those guys were always ready to help this here noob out anytime I needed some pointers.

In any event, I just wanted to add that optimizing the y-pipe is not a hard procedure. In fact, ANY exhaust shop should be able to hook you up. I remember I just went in and showed them the pics from THIS forum as to what I wanted done to my y-pipe and they came through for about 150 bones. That's it!

Go get 'er done.

As you can see, I've upgraded to an engine twice the size as the ol' Contour SVT, but I sure do miss the handling.

On the other hand......390 lbs. of torque sure does have a way of making up for it. :)

Just picked up my new welder, I've got some other things to get taken care of before production starts, but it will start...

Back