• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Problem with TruBendz

Hammy1105

CEG'er
Has anyone had any problems with the installation of their trubendz exhaust system? I started installing a new cat-back resonated magnaflow system this saturday with new y-pipe and I'm having some fitment issues, namely pipes not flared enough (easy fix), but also a big issue with the rear driverside resonator not installing at all.
I had to have 4" of pipe cut off and that still wasn't enough, but on top of this, the exhaust hanger welded to the resonator does not even come close to matching up with the OEM hanger at the rear.
Also the extra mountin bracket on my y-pipe was absolutely no help because it did nothing but bend my cv joint housing when I bolted it on because the placement of the bracket was so far off. I had to end up cutting off the bracket completely and I sent a message to those guys Saturday but they still haven't gotten back to me about this.
Anyone else have any problems like this??

Its not commonly unheard of that Trubendz has fitment issues. But sometimes I think people like to complain because a job was hard :shrug:

When I installed mine,the flange's were TIGHT. The one I put in with a rubber mallot. It wasn't an impossible job, and it cetainly isn't a quick little plug and play deal either. It took me several hours to get the exhaust aligned before I went to clamp them down. Don't forget to shake test!

Like everything else take time and patience and do the job right the first time!

As for the flange on the y-pipe, can't help you. Maybe there is a different ypipe for the cougar and you got the wrong one :confused:

their customer service sucks mroe than their product fitment. You might get a call or email back in a week or two.

FYI. I had similar problems with their kit and they sent me a refund check in the amount it cost my welder to fix their mistakes.

i had to cut about 2" off the pipe that goes into the back of the muffler and use a expander to make everything slide together. use some kind of oil! like PB it helps alot. as for the drivers rear hanger yea it sucks. but i did it all by myself and re-did it later again alone.

Problems

Problems

I had problems with mine as well, I posted about it on here over a year ago when it was the old forums. The bad part was I was in Belgium so everything there is metric... I am no novice to installing parts the MSDS headers went on relatively smooth with some gear wrenches and a couple shorty 3.5 inch slightly bent wrenches.

I got an email back from them two days later asking about the fitment they told me to send it back and they would fix the problems but that is a shipping nightmare I chose to have a local shop fix it.

I had problems with mine as well, I posted about it on here over a year ago when it was the old forums. The bad part was I was in Belgium so everything there is metric... I am no novice to installing parts the MSDS headers went on relatively smooth with some gear wrenches and a couple shorty 3.5 inch slightly bent wrenches.

I got an email back from them two days later asking about the fitment they told me to send it back and they would fix the problems but that is a shipping nightmare I chose to have a local shop fix it.

yea my tips dont line up and i still have a 2 f-ed up hangers. one is to high causeing the y-pipe to be angled.

to be honest it may have been cheaper for ME to just have a shop make a cat back for me. but you live and learn:ponder:

The mount under the motor on my set needed to be modified both for the hole location (made mine a slot), and interference with the pass side halfshaft support (cut the brace for the hanger on the header, ground and rewelded it). The O2 bung on the rear bank bend protudes into the pipe too much for me, so I'll probably cut it out and close the pipe more flow-friendly. Mine is the mid-engine installation, so I will be cutting my Y all up, and may also make true duals out of it. I could use an East Coast recommendation for Alumacoat if a member has had a good experience.

Gar

Well seeing how Tru-bendz is only a few hrs from me would they install there thrown together exhaust on my car ya think and see just how screwed up they really are.

Put my resonated Magnaflows on yesterday. You can add me to the list of needing to get the torch out and rebending the driver's side bracket because it was not even close.

Back