• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my clock

eskalaid

CEG'er
One day I was driving and my clock on the dash back light just went out.so the 1st thing that came 2 mind was to give it À little tap,after I did that it just cut back on... so I never thought nothing of it. But then the light just cut off completly I try tapping and it didn't work so I went and bought À new clock and the new 1 works but the back light doesn't come on...and 1 know what could be the problem

If the clock was really New (dealer) it should light up with the rest of the dash lights at night and brighter with the headlights off. Probably, the bulb is bad, Ford dealers may have them, otherwise you have to get a bulb and "adapt" it to the holder (I did this, frustrating, but works well after breaking one bulb). I could find the bulb number I used, if you need.

Forget the bulb cover it just traps heat and makes your bulb go out sooner.

BTW what color are your clock figures? in my 95 they are greenish, and in my 99 using a 98 clock they are orange.

Is that the way with all of them and I'd guess the break point is 97?

BTW2 all of the Tour clocks use the same bulb 95-00. I just installed the clock in my 99 using the how to guide, and when I plugged it in the light didn't work. I had another clock from a 96 sitting around so I put it in and still nothing. I double cecked my work and there was power to the bulb, so I made a trip to the local Stealership and got a $4.88 bulb...... hey it works... go figure two bad bulbs in a row.

Last edited:
Back