• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Why do contour owners like thier cars so much?

stalkersvt

CEG'er
I am honestly amazed that this site is still up. I would like to know why contour owners like their cars so much!

With the lack of bolt on's, and slim to no mods, how is this forum still around?

I often ask myself the same thing. Honestly I dont know why I like my car so much, to most people its just another car/contour, to me its my baby and it gets treated like if it was my kid.

it is an extreamly well rounded car. plain and simple. it isn't the fastest thing out there, but it is quick and handles like a dream.

its cheap (now to buy aswell as run), reliable, fairly economical, and not everyone and their mother has one.

i am soon going to put in a nautilus performance turbo kit; that should rekindle my love for the car after owning it for 5+ years :D

Some people just get emotionally attached and can't ever let go.
They're also the same ones that aren't fickle and need the newest thing out there every couple years.

There is tons of mods, you just have to know where to get them and be creative. Unlike owning a Civic or Eclipse. :nonono:

There is tons of mods, you just have to know where to get them and be creative. Unlike owning a Civic or Eclipse. :nonono:

hey hey hey, I owned a talon. nonturbo and a slush box with a 2.0. Now with it being a NT you need to be creative with it LOL. headers and a highflow cat is all I had on it. :)

Well i have a love hate with my car.
Loves:
handling
MPG
trunk size
leg room
PAID FOR
LOW INSURANCE

Hates:
Impossible to work on the engine
DOHC engine
rear seats dont fold down
Like to leave me stranded
whoever had it before me may have been shot because there is a "red/brown" substance all over the sucker.
there are no hoods out there for these things, hood would make it into a new car for me

Well i have a love hate with my car.
Loves:
handling
MPG
trunk size
leg room
PAID FOR
LOW INSURANCE

Hates:
Impossible to work on the engine
DOHC engine
rear seats dont fold down
Like to leave me stranded
whoever had it before me may have been shot because there is a "red/brown" substance all over the sucker.

I thought all SVT's had rear fold down seats.

I have a SE,

I have a SE,

I have an SE, im StalkerSVT because i own a mustang svt too, lol.

it is an extreamly well rounded car. plain and simple. it isn't the fastest thing out there, but it is quick and handles like a dream.

its cheap (now to buy aswell as run), reliable, fairly economical, and not everyone and their mother has one.

i am soon going to put in a nautilus performance turbo kit; that should rekindle my love for the car after owning it for 5+ years :D

and there you have it, its a great all around car

Many people here have owned thier cars for years and years.
It the life span of the Contour I am a newbie.
I just bought mine last August. Most people that owned them knew what they had and took care of them. Then when the time came, they parted ways, and somebody else fell in love for the first time.
Many people on here are quite young (makes me feel old sometimes) and that alone tells me there is still appeal for this car. As long as they are cared for, and the torch continues to pass to new (but not always younger) owners, the love and appreciation will continue.

Why did I buy one?
My dad passed away and we inherited a Kia Optima V6. Great car, wh en it ran. When it wasn't in the shop it drove great on the highway at 115. But it was in the shop m ore than it wasn't I was sick of it. With that, and the little $$ left over from the sale of my dad's condo I wanted something else. I have always bled Ford Blue. We have a family so a mustang wasn't an option. Just too small. So my attention turned to the Maruader. They were just out of my price range.
The time was right, the price was right, so I ended up in #1890 and I have been hooked since.

Why do you like your car some much?

Well simply one of the best Ive owned. Generally solid car. Small enough for good fuel economy yet big enough for 2 adults and 2 kids. but with enough power to pass. My car is 11 years old and relatively low maintenance. Ive had a couple issues lately but my car is 11 years old. And I think this was mentioned in another thread but for an 12 year old (1995) design the car still looks good in a parking lot next to newer designs. And my LX handles fairly well. There is a limited number of cars that came out with a reliable small 6. At the time a 4 cyl just didnt have enough power for me, yet I wanted good fuel consumption.

I just absolutely love to drive my car. It's so comfortable to just be in my car and drive it. It's not really something I can explain. I hated my mom's puny Saturn when I first learned to drive. I drove that stupid thing for four months and it was horrible. Extra stiff gas pedal; extra loose brake pedal; poor vision; uncomfortable to sit in and drive. But my 'Tour? It's just amazing! I mean, sure it doesn't take off or go really fast or anything, but that doesn't take away from its great driving experience. Soft, comfortable gas pedal, good vision, nice handling. It's really just something that cannot be put into words...

Same here. No one understands why i love mine so much, n why i spend so much mony on it. Very few can tell what ma car is tilll they approach n see the SVT logo. Like it wuz said, it is one of a kind. How many cars in 98 came with build numbers n certificates? ...I rest ma case.

Back