• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

**Important: those taking the ferry to SZ**

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
I talked to Joe today, his internet is down. We all want to bring extra cash to the boat just in case there is a price increase because of fuel price increases.

Joe hasn't heard anything and as far as he's aware what we've paid will get us there and back, but just to be safe everyone should have some extra cash along.

For those interested we've got a small caravan leaving from PRT to the boat on 94.

PM me if this information is wrong and you have other plans...but this is how I'd figured it

4:00-4:20 AM Meet at PRT...we're leaving at 4:20 on the dot so don't be late.

Pole120
Blufuz
Hetfield
Frosty

~4:35 Stop at park and ride off of 94 at exit #295, if you're not at the park and ride by 4:45 we're gone.

Crispy
Mluko

Should put us at the dock at 5 or a little after.

~Josh

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that we are just leaving from my house at 3am and probably heading straight to the ferry...

just gotta make it thru work today and then I'm officially on vacation!

wanna come over...?

Joe is coming over as well during the day I belive to check out what I told you aboot.

Kinda doubt it.....just because i took the extra half day off to get things ready for the trip....but i might just give the car a good road test. If i do it'll be last minute decision, but I'll let you know ASAP

Internet works sometimes....

Internet works sometimes....

I will bring extra cash for anyone that might need it. We should be fine... I will call to find out if there was a change in the fuel surcharge. If I can't post, I will call Pole and have him post for me. See you all soooon!

Crispy, I will call you wed....

later - JOE

i might want to stay with some of you wed night. does anyone have room? i will get back to you.

Your always welcome at my house but its probably out of your way unless you dont care about that feature and want to just hang out with us on Wednesday night.

I'm pretty sure that we are just leaving from my house at 3am and probably heading straight to the ferry...

just gotta make it thru work today and then I'm officially on vacation!

Tell me about it....my vacation started last friday ( used the weekend to work on the car )
I plan on being at the dock at 4:45am.

Internet is good now.... Josh, we will probably be at your place around 5ish. I too will call you wed. and let you know for sure. Crispy, I am still commin out by ya and I am shooting for about 10am to Noonish. It sounds like we are having a meet b4 the meet... wierd

Last edited:
Something else I figured I should mention is that if you're prone to motion sickness you may want to consider taking some Dramamine. I've only been on small fishing boats on Lake Michigan (ugh), so I don't know how the Lake Express is if the water's choppy. I get sick pretty easy so I'm going to take some just for the insurance.

Never been on Lake Michigan, but I've been on other smaller lakes with no issues. I guess I'll take my chances :laugh: :crazy:

I was on my dad's boat (which he is now selling if anyone's interested) we took a ride from the drop-off site to the docks and I was totally freaking out. :nonono: So don't expect to see me anywhere near the railings of the ferry.

Internet is good now.... Josh, we will probably be at your place around 5ish. I too will call you wed. and let you know for sure. Crispy, I am still commin out by ya and I am shooting for about 10am to Noonish. It sounds like we are having a meet b4 the meet... wierd

great! My car will be ready for pick up at Noon.... we can kill 2 birds w/1 stone. ;)

Mark is meeting Wayne and I at our place at 3am --- we'll be on the road around 3:15 and will stop at the park and ride only if we are in the area at that ballpark time... if not, we will just see everyone at the Ferry. :)

I've got 2 walkie talkies packed for the trip... anyone else bringing?

Back