• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Way to Power Lift Contour SVT?

earthbased

New CEG'er
My friend works at a Mercedes repair facility where they have the Mercedes power lifts. We couldn't figure out a way to use these on the CSVT other than removing the side skirts and resting the thin jack rail on the power lift pads. Is this the way to do it?

TIA,
EB

Last edited:
remove jack cover points.... slide lift arms under car..... make sure that there is an extended platform on the ends that go in the hole of the life and begin lifting carefully making sure none of the side skirts are being crushed.

remove jack cover points.... slide lift arms under car..... make sure that there is an extended platform on the ends that go in the hole of the life and begin lifting carefully making sure none of the side skirts are being crushed.

Are you saying just remove the jack point covers and then install a steel platform that mates like the jack. Then put the lift arms under this plate? If so, where do you get these plates?

what i do to lift my csvt:
- I jack a bit the front of the car, install both front leg of the lift
- removed the jack
- jack the rear of the car on put both rear leg

im too afraid to removed my jackpoit cover so i alway did it that way

I don't see an easy way to use our lifts on the svt so I don't, other than the drive on alignment rack. But what svttour said is right. There are different lifts so that still may not work but it's your best bet.

here you go. its easy to remove the jack covers. just squeeze them and pull.
Picture011.jpg

Yeah I use those lifts all the time. there are some meal cylindrical extensions that go into the ends of each arm. then a small plate goes ontop of that. For lowered cars you will need to raise the car in front with a floor jack first to let the plates clear. The when you have the plates on a firm part of the car your done..hope this helps

I could have sworn I read that you are supposed to put blocks at the lifting areas so that there is clearance for the sideskirts.

Yeah I use those lifts all the time. there are some meal cylindrical extensions that go into the ends of each arm. then a small plate goes ontop of that. For lowered cars you will need to raise the car in front with a floor jack first to let the plates clear. The when you have the plates on a firm part of the car your done..hope this helps

I am still unclear. The picture shows jack points that are not accessible with the side skirts on. Or is the lift supposed to have thick pad that solve the clearance issue. I am assuming the car should not be power lifted at the jack points (rails)?

I could have sworn I read that you are supposed to put blocks at the lifting areas so that there is clearance for the sideskirts.

most lift have a metal end that can flip back to give you like 4-6" higher, so no need to use a block with it, just a floor jack to raise de car first to be able to fit the leg

most lift have a metal end that can flip back to give you like 4-6" higher, so no need to use a block with it, just a floor jack to raise de car first to be able to fit the leg

When my car was at Ford the di this way I was surprise because first thing i thought was "oh shart, how did the lift." Then i saw the cool flip up things, but im not sure if they had to jack it up first.

I drive the car up on some 2 x 10 boards, this gives just enough clearance to slide the arms under the car, then raise the little extentions on the ends of the arms (if you have the little extensions)

Then when lowering, lower the car on the 2 x 10 boards to get the arms out.

I don't see the big problem. Slide the lift arms under the car and set a small block on top of the pad before you lift the car and clear the side skirts easily.

I have to use a manual low profile jack and lift my car just to get the arms under the side in the first place, then use blocks on top of that. 3" drops suck more than the wow factor is worth. between that and coloecting garbage on my front bumper I wish I had a lift kit

One easy way to do it, is to just put some sort of block where you plan on having the lift touch the car, that way, you don't have to remove the jack point covers and its a much easier process!

Back