• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Roseville, MN -> SZ

ViggenPower

CEG'er
All,

I am thinking of buying a set of wheels / tires on ebay from some dude in Roseville, MN.

To avoid the huge shipping bill, I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to pick them up and drive them to SZ w/ you (that is, if you are going)

For payment, I would be more than willing to pay for gas for you to get there from your house or however it works out. Also, I will give you my dyno spot at SZ. Other frills may include some SVT parts, a goodie bag, who knows.

If anyone is intersted, Roseville is a suburb of Minneapolis
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...at=&address=&city=Roseville&state=Mn&zipcode=

Contact me via PM and we can either exchange phone numbers or whatever.

Thanks,

-Tim :cool:

Well the wheels/tires won't be ready for pickup until that Friday. I'm just trying to avoid the $120.00 this dude is charging for shipping what really cost 50-60.

Unfortunately, we're leaving Wednesday evening, and as far as I know, it's only ZenBoy and I coming from Minnesota (Barge is caravaning with us, but we're meeting south). If they would have been ready, I would have had probably the best car to haul them (I can easily fit 4 wheels and tires in the hatch, though was leaning to bringing the RX-7, which doesn't hold anything.)

Well the wheels/tires won't be ready for pickup until that Friday. I'm just trying to avoid the $120.00 this dude is charging for shipping what really cost 50-60.

Shipping tires and rims is not cheap. $120 is not a bad deal. I mean that's probably 4 different packages at 55lbs each. You could get a rough estimate online by guessing package sizes and weight. I'm bored so I ran it on UPS and it says $110. Add the cost of boxes and packing material and $120 is right in the correct range.

I did the same for UPS and it came out to 68 dolla. I got more as the delivery time decreased.

It looks like I won't be getting them at SZ...but the guy said I win them auction, he'll hold them for me until there is a chance to get them. So if anyone ever makes a long trip and feels like taking 4 wheels with you, let me know :)

Back