• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pics from the MINI dyno a couple weeks ago...and other things!

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
Two days after I got my car I met up with a couple of the guys/gals from the club and checked out their dyno day meet. It was VERY cold, like mid 20's:shocked: The picked the dyno right off of 15 mile between John R and Stephenson Hwy, there's a shop on the corner that fixes nothing but German cars. Ok enough of that, on with the pics...

Original style MINI, circa 1972
100_4835.jpg

Ok, maybe this style wouldn't have looked good on my car, but they fit this one to a tee!
100_4838.jpg

Hmmm, why does the plate read that?
100_4848.jpg

AHHHHHHHHH, German rice!
100_4837.jpg

For comparison sakes, THAT MINI is small!!!
100_4858.jpg

Puttin' down 145 hp and 110 ft/lbs of torque, but remember, this particular car weighs in @1450 lbs!
100_4850.jpg

100_4851.jpg

From one extreme to the next!
100_4872.jpg

100_4868.jpg

Next up will be some other MINI's, some very, very EXTREME MINI's!

EXTREME MINI's

EXTREME MINI's

I spoke to Trapps a couple weeks ago at the re-opening of Skunkworks and he asked me if I knew Sid and I said yes, his car was the first one I checked out at this Martini's and MINI's meet I went to back in March. The word EXTREME takes on a new meaning, you guys will like this car!

Brakes...extreme!
100_4853.jpg

100_4854.jpg

The cars stance...extreme!
100_4857.jpg

Lighting....GOONZ EXTREME!
100_4856.jpg

Stickers that make a point....extreme!
100_4855.jpg

CF mirrors, CF hood scoop and heat extractors....all extreme!
100_4852-1.jpg

The interior...switches for ejection seat, missles, GPS, oil slick and methanol injection (ok, there's NO switch for that, but its runnin' METH)...all add up to one thing....EXTREME!
100_4861.jpg

Speaking of METH and his car, here's the engine on the dyno, w/polished TMIC putting down a 196 FWHP....extreme!
100_4862.jpg

Sorry I couldn't resist this one...

EXTREMELY CLEAN AND DETAILED
100_4902.jpg

Almost done, one more "wave"!

Random MINI's

Random MINI's

100_4879.jpg

Gotta love those tires!
100_4878.jpg

You can't see it all too well, but that Saturn ION Redline next to this car, put down 250 FWHP w/ the factory Stage II kit!
100_4870.jpg

WILWOODS!
100_4866.jpg

EXTREME seating!
100_4863.jpg

I love those tires too!
100_4859.jpg

...and its DINAN tuned too!
100_4860.jpg

IMO, MINI dropped the ball with the rims on the special edition GP, terrible!
100_4844.jpg

With the usual bolt-ons she put down 186 hp on the dyno
100_4843.jpg

Those wheels are nice on that set-up and weigh in @15 lbs!
100_4836.jpg

Ok that's all...FOR NOW, resume your regularly sceduled programming!

Correction

Correction

At the time of its production it was British Rice, not German:crazy: What do you call British Rice....?
100_4837.jpg

What it like going to a car meet where it's all women?

When it comes to automotive comments, your bankrupt:troutslap: I understand your pissed off about me getting you banned, but your Pecker comment made that happen, think before you type....about anything and everything:idea: Honestly, if I were driving a convertable Beetle or Cabrio, me and everyone else here with half an automotive brain could understand your comments! Your just being an A-HOLE:rolleyes:

When it comes to automotive comments, your bankrupt:troutslap: I understand your pissed off about me getting you banned, but your Pecker comment made that happen, think before you type....about anything and everything:idea: Honestly, if I were driving a convertable Beetle or Cabrio, me and everyone else here with half an automotive brain could understand your comments! Your just being an A-HOLE:rolleyes:

You pretty much nailed it on the head.

Awesome picks of the 72', I've been a huge fan of them ever since I first saw The Italian Job about 22 years ago, got some plans on paper to start buidling one as a father son project (My son has about 3 more years to go before he could really start helping), hopefully it'll all see the light of day. Not a huge fan of the new mini but I do have to give kudos to BMW for what they pulled off.

i like the "WEECAR" plate. hilarious.

as far as that meth guy...i don't understand the reasoning of having all thar crap cluttering up your interior. seems more annoying than anything.

as far as that meth guy...i don't understand the reasoning of having all thar crap cluttering up your interior. seems more annoying than anything.

It's not clutter, it's information... and information is powerful :)

Mine might not be that bad, I only have 3 gauges, a gameboy boost controller display, an indash computer monitor, and a water injetion display.

Back