• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What is this Body Kit?

ELECTRO

CEG'er
Check this link out:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/650158

What body kit is this? I looks really good, and it's different. Is it still in production somewhere? I see that the rear bumper is deemed (custom) so who the heck knows how they got that done. Ideas anyone?

Not sure how he did the back, but the front is custom too. He molded on the Mustang Cobra portion of the bumper onto the SVT bumper.

His username is LiquidX and most of his posts are in the older forums. I'm sure you could dig up a lot of info if you search his name! :cool:

Well you half-answered your own question, the rear is custom, and the front bumper, as it states in the third line of the page, is the lower part of a Mustang Cobra R:
Mustang_Cobra_R_2000_1.jpg

The rear is ok, the front is a little over the top and edgy IMO. Too angular for the smooth curves of the rest of the Contour body. It does look professional and very nicely done, I'll certainly give it that.

Rear bumper is unattractive and front bumper is too over the top. So much fiberglass on the front end every time I look at the pic I watch it waiting for it to somersault/flip over.

i have always loved that front end. not really digging the rear.. i mean there are worse out there but i don't like the side holes on the rear.. i would love to get that front end.

Well looky what i have here...New owner of this ride lives about 10mins away from me now..He came over today took her out the 20's are no longer on it. Its on 18's now, the bumpers have been damaged due to the roads around here..I will be installing Suspension with the new owner Cody here soon..And bumper will be repaired..
Picture874.jpg

Picture871.jpg

Picture873.jpg

Picture870.jpg

I liked it better with the 20's now it's got gunmetal versions of my exact wheel on it lol. what happened to the 20's?

I was wondering what happened with X's old ride. Did you already know the new owner? Are they a member on here, if not did you tell them to join?

I liked it better with the 20's now it's got gunmetal versions of my exact wheel on it lol. what happened to the 20's?

Well 20's around here with a 30 series tire dont go very well the new owner still have them they have a slight bent lip he's looking to sell them with the tires 2 good tires and 2 worn out tires..Bent lip doesnt affect air in tires what so ever.

I was wondering what happened with X's old ride. Did you already know the new owner? Are they a member on here, if not did you tell them to join?

Yes i know the new owner hes about 10 mins or so away from me..Yes hes on the Forums, i forgot his name..Rides looking good accept for the bumper damage..Oh well it will all be fixed...

i will own that hood!!! so hot. how mush does it cost to get a bumper like that plastic welded? rough idea as i woul dlike to get a custom bumper i think.

Well the bumper that was used i heard was a limited SVT Cobra bumper like only 300 of the cars made..IIRC..You can mold anything as long as you have the money..Ive seen Evo bumpers molded with a contour..Sorry i couldnt give you a ball park price..
Oh and the hood..Yes there hott ive never seen on in person until yesterday and i must say its HAWT..

Glad that car is still around.

The orignial owner of that cobra R front bumber cracked it. So he put it up for sale on these boards years ago. He also offered if anyone wants to buy it, that he would fix if for a small price.

Glad it is still in one piece.

Back