• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

catalytic converter

5k337_De_Jour

New CEG'er
oh i was so pumped, i got the resonator taken off, my borla boomer welded on, 2" pipes, and my guy said he couldnt put my catco cat on because the cat is RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE ENGINE. now i took a look at it and i see the cat inlet is basically right at the end where the headers collect. i wasnt able to see how much space there is to cut off the cat and extend the pipe, so i was wondering if anyone was able to take their cat off without getting new headers.

btw its a 95 contour gl 2.0l

i checked the forums and i havent seen anything, either i just missed it or its not there so dont yell at me!

the cat unbolts from the manifold. there is no pipe leading into the cat that can be welded to. your best bet is to either get some zetec cougar headers or get a shorty 4-1 focus header and make your own downpipe.

The cheapest route would be to get a stock Focus header. It has a nice 3-bolt flange that would be easy to hook up to. Some pics...

P8110003_Focus_Header.jpg

P8110001_Focus_Header_Cat_Flange.jpg

P8110002_Focus_Header_Head_Flange.jpg

Like Stirker2 said, they also make some nice 4-1 shorty headers for the Focus.

HTH,
BP

the hardest part is actually finding that 3-bolt focus flange so you can make your own downpipe. you might have to get 2 manifolds and cut one flange off and then weld your downpipe to it.

i only need one. i am making an adapter pipe to go from the focus manifold to a turbo and need a focus 3-bolt flange.

Called home and found out they were thrown away with some other junk on accident. If I can find the Ebay vendor I will post the name. I do remember they were a PITA to find.

Sorry guys.

looks like im just gonna buy a second manifold and cut one flange off. oh well, thats kind of what i was planning on doing anyways.

Back