• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.5L Destruction

Mike - looks like I will be back in kzoo for the same schedule as last weekend. 8pm - ??am Sat night, 10am - done Sunday.

Stazi - SVT cams in the 3L (sure hope this sucker is timed right....im sure it is)

ctmystique - the rear bank head is okay, but the front, the bank that had the broken up piston is messed up pretty bad from all sorts of crap being bounced off it and the valves.

Rawburt - I really dont know what ended up happening, was only running 7-8psi, the air outside was nice and cold, AFR was great, heard no detonation...could have been cylindar pressure like Warmonger had talked about some time ago.

I will say that it sure as hell went from speed A to speed B in 4th like a rocket... I cant wait to run this 3.0T.

Not really sure the initial cause... I was going kinda fast with high RPMs (~7000). , heard no detonation. Eased off and returned to highway cruising speed. Noticed a slight ticking noise upon light throttle. Ticking turned into clatter, I am now scrambling to get off the highway.

Pretty much identical to what happened with my 2.5L. HIGH speeds in the upper RPM range. The only difference was, mine didn't start making any noise until I was off the highway, a mile down the road, and slowly accelerating from a stop light. The ticking turned into clatter as you said, and I drove it home, and then to the dealership the next day. Needless to say, my motor didn't look like that when it was torn apart! Only a spun bearing. :crazy:

Mark

Are there lower compression pistons available for the 2.5 and 3.0? My Turbo Dodge Lancer (seriously old school) has dished pistons.

Last edited:
duct-tape%5B3%5D.jpg

Last edited:
so is everything ok with it now?? i heard you saying at SZ that you were afraid of something at the dyno day.

and you should come find me on saturday, i told you that you could drive the R!

Been up and running for 13 days now. 3L Turbocharged. Needs some intercooler modifications and I will dyno again. Warmonger is helping me sort out the tune but all is well. Could stand a resonator as there is a RPM range that is a bit annoying, not raspy but a lot of drone.

well i am having the exact problem you had, high rpms, clattering, but i got home before it got bad, and it doesnt start till like 3500rpms.

3L coming soon....

Back