• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A sad day for SVT..

Seriously! Mine doesn't do that.

Mine shouldn't!
Don't get me wrong I was holding it there & letting the clutch slip but if you ever get it somewhere on a big hill & try to take off thats what you get. I can drive it now w/ almost no noise but its worse when its cold, like it was there.

Mine shouldn't!
Don't get me wrong I was holding it there & letting the clutch slip but if you ever get it somewhere on a big hill & try to take off thats what you get. I can drive it now w/ almost no noise but its worse when its cold, like it was there.

Call up spec and start bisching!

Well the parts started coming today..Recieved new clutch today..LCA's along with outter CV joint from Driveshaftshop will be here next week.

my stage 2 does the same thing as in the clip above, once i warm up the engine and drive for a moment, it goes away. i always thought it was chatter because its cold. if there was something wrong with it then why can i drop it and nothing bad happens. the springs on mine arent broken, and the clutch is newer, and i know that it isnt installer error.

I had a sec 2 kevlar clutch in a civic of mine, with a light weight ACT Flywheel, and I had problems with it within three weeks, it was slipping when I floored it. I was going to bring it somewhere to find out what the problem was but it was totaled soon after, by some idiot. So I don't know if the kevlar on the clutch had something to do with the slipping, or something else had to do with the problem.

Well seems like a number of us have had problems with our specs..Well new OEM is here along with new Axle..Im waiting on LCA's and Headers to finish this overhaul project.

Well i tryed the out the side/bottom just pull the trans off slid it off to the side..Next time im yanking it threw the top..Well then it started raining but that didnt stop me well heres some more pics..
Oh yeah spec clutch was done..I'll get pics of that tomorrow.Pressure plate was scared pretty well.

Picture881.jpg
Picture882.jpg
Picture883.jpg
Picture884.jpg

No Problems with Spec Stage 2- 60,000

No Problems with Spec Stage 2- 60,000

60,000 on my Spec Stage 2. Slave Cylinder started leaking so Ill be pulling the trans. and also installing new Spec Stage 1, Fidanza Flywheel, upgraded shift-forks..

I only got 14k on my first SPEC stage 1. My second one still seems to be working fine as of right now. Better at least get me to SZ07 and back.

Well things just did not wanna go back together today..subrame nut on drivers side is spinning free up inside of the frame..Umm the subframe bolt on the pass side will only go in half way..I was so temped to just say F it and part her out..LOL..

Picture885.jpg

Picture886.jpg

Last edited:
Well things just did not wanna go back together today..subrame nut on drivers side is spinning free up inside of the frame..Umm the subframe bolt on the pass side will only go in half way..I was so temped to just say F it and part her out..LOL..

Picture886.jpg

thats what my centerforce looks like but it was new last time i saw it. and mines fine. as of 14k

Back