• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ caravan route

Yeah the border/bridge tolls don't take EZ Pass, unless something has changed.
Unlike Haroon, we will wait up for the non EZ pass people. ;) :p

birth certificate is good to have. Honestly I have never seen them check it, but they always tell you to have it just in case.

We usually have everyone prepped with the same schpeal to tell the border agents.
They normally just take the licenses for everyone in the car. They ask where you're from, where you're going, why you're going there, how long you'll be in Canada, etc.
Then when you're going back into the states they ask if you went on any farms, and ask how long you were in Canada and what for.

So we tell them we'll be in Canada for roughly 3 hours. We're merely driving through on our way to Grand Rapids, MI, via Port Huron. We don't plan on making any stops. We're travelling to a car show event.
Once they hear the same story from the second or third car, and they see we all drive the same car, then they push everyone else through a little faster.
If anyone by chance gets picked for vehicle inspection, we'll all park to the side and wait until everyone is good to go.

Good luck at the bridge guys :).... or do you plan to take the tunnel? I didnt really read.....

If you have to spew, spew in this

DSCF0939.JPG

DaCa-Garth%20Algar.jpg

are you guys getting this route from mapquest? If so, can you tell me your start and finish location specifications so I can duplicate it and have a print out for myself?

Also, do people have spare walkie talkies? I don't have any :cry:

are you guys getting this route from mapquest? If so, can you tell me your start and finish location specifications so I can duplicate it and have a print out for myself?

Also, do people have spare walkie talkies? I don't have any :cry:

I'm buying a set today since everytime I've needed them, I borrow. It's about time I got some. You can use my second one.

Mike's grandmother died today.
We can't go to SZ. :(

Most of you have made the trip out there before, so this shouldn't be a problem. I know that Brapple and Tony usually have their laptops with maps.

Remember the meet up with the Buffalo folks at 9-9:30 (if you're still using the same time schedule). They'll be meeting you at a gas station/market called Tops.
The address to meet them is 890 Young Street, Tonawanda, NY.

After the NY Thruway, you'll be merging with I-290W via exit 50.
Take exit 2 off of 290. Stay right at end of ramp which will put you on Twin Cities Memorial Hwy. Take your first left onto W. Colvin Blvd Then another left onto Young Street.

Have a great time!!

I'll be PMing cell numbers to the caravan immediately.
I already responded to your post in SZ Forums Kim, I'm real sorry.
Getting there won't be a problem between maps and experience, but man what a kick in the junk.
Give Mike my condolences.

Oh wow .. I'm so sorry! :( Wish Mike's family well this week.

Is it just ElKy coming down 495 now? Jason and I were planning to meet on the Westborough stop on the Pike.

BUAHAHAHAHA

just making sure you guys are awake...

i meant to add my cell phone number

anywho...9788526960

Matty, we can still meet at Westborough, however, Robin and I will meet up with Elky and Jess at their house prior to heading out.

Mike, Kim, our most sincere condolences. We wish you both the best!!!!

J&R

Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that. Best wishes during this hard time. I hope you guys are doing ok.

SZ won't be the same without you guys.

Matty, we can still meet at Westborough, however, Robin and I will meet up with Elky and Jess at their house prior to heading out.

Mike, Kim, our most sincere condolences. We wish you both the best!!!!

J&R
I'll be at Westborough between 1:15-1:30.

Back