• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MSDS header rasp

98TredSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I just installed msds headers yesterday and now my car is more raspy than ever. Its got optimized y pipe, headers, and a test pipe. If I get the magnaflow resonator, will this completely get rid of all the rasp and sound good, I thought headers were supposed to sound real good.

the magnaflow will definitely quiet it down , when i did my 3L swap i had msds headers+y-pipe+main cat+bassani it was loud and crazy rasp and hella drone, i installed a magnaflow resonator and it sounds almost the same as when i had stock manifolds with pre-cats+ stock y-pipe

the magnaflow will definitely quiet it down , when i did my 3L swap i had msds headers+y-pipe+main cat+bassani it was loud and crazy rasp and hella drone, i installed a magnaflow resonator and it sounds almost the same as when i had stock manifolds with pre-cats+ stock y-pipe

Identical setup to what I had. Best sounding exhaust setup, no question about it!

Mark

Well my MSDS headers will be shipping out around next week i have a stock SVT exhasut with high flow muffler in place of the resonator..and stock main cat..anyone here have thought of what it will sound like?

My car has MSDS, custom Y, high flow cat, res and SVT mufflers and it still has the rasp. I was wondering if it was the SVT mufflers which were causing it?

I was planning to remove the res and install a huge Magnaflow muffler in it's place. Then I was goiing to cut off the mufflers. I'm wondering if the brick from my old failed rr precat (precat was empty when I installed the header) is stuck inside the mufflers and causing/contributing to the lousy sound.

Back