• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ stress

I know what you mean about stressing, although I don't have any mods to do, only Zaino and making sure she's running right. I had a throttle hang that started last summer, and the copper cap fix only helped a little. The revs would hang badly when I got off the highway sitting at a stop light. Well, I went for the obvious solution and cleaned the IAC, and that seemed to fix it.

But, I always stress before a long road trip, worrying about break downs and such. I hope our ride out and back is as boring as ever, althoguh Billdo made it less boring last year!

Oh, and you can kidnap Goonz to ride with you!!!

BTW, where did you pick up the foam for your Mirko? I still need to get some.

well everyone was talking about felt from a craft store but i never got to one so I got some weather stripping, the foam self sticking type to seal windows and doors from home depot .... also I am not driving out there with the mirko on the car ... going to make packing interesting ....

I just got off the phone with my buddy. He said the shop he works at would charge me $80 an hour and about 2 hours of labor for bearing removal, press, and knuckle swap. I don't know if I can swing that much cash right now before SZ. :blackeye:

Oh and, he can do it Thursday or Tuesday if I decide to go ahead with it. So one of those days, I would be without my car, and have his Merkur for the day.

I just got off the phone with my buddy. He said the shop he works at would charge me $80 an hour and about 2 hours of labor for bearing removal, press, and knuckle swap. I don't know if I can swing that much cash right now before SZ. :blackeye:

Oh and, he can do it Thursday or Tuesday if I decide to go ahead with it. So one of those days, I would be without my car, and have his Merkur for the day.

that sounds kinda high, why don't you just give him the hub you swapped out and have them just press a new bearing in? Also any local machine shop that does engine work or maybe some parts stores should be able to press a bear in for you ... since you have a spare hub I would definately get a new bearing put into that instead of laying the car up for a day ...

that sounds kinda high, why don't you just give him the hub you swapped out and have them just press a new bearing in? Also any local machine shop that does engine work or maybe some parts stores should be able to press a bear in for you ... since you have a spare hub I would definately get a new bearing put into that instead of laying the car up for a day ...

The parts car knuckle is on my car right now. He swapped it for me in my driveway over the weekend. Come to find out, that knuckle has bad bearing also. I gave him my original one with a new bearing and he took it to work to be pressed but they are going to charge him for doing work for me.

The parts car knuckle is on my car right now. He swapped it for me in my driveway over the weekend. Come to find out, that knuckle has bad bearing also. I gave him my original one with a new bearing and he took it to work to be pressed but they are going to charge him for doing work for me.

so wait they are going to charge you for the time he spend helping you at home on the weekend? :confused:

pressing a bearing should take about 15 minutes at most I would think ...

so wait they are going to charge you for the time he spend helping you at home on the weekend? :confused:

pressing a bearing should take about 15 minutes at most I would think ...

No, not for home. For taking my car into the shop to be swapped again.

So's um...I went to go install my aftermarket fogs yesterday. They can only mount in one place on the bracket the comes with it. I created this elaborate bracket system to mount it to the top screw hole although I didnt install it yet. Then today it hit me that I think I can just flip the bracket and install on the bottom hole. How silly of me huh?

So Brian, I guess this brings me to my next question.....

How much for one of dem der knuckle ma bobbers (if the bearing is good), and installation? :eek:

So Brian, I guess this brings me to my next question.....

How much for one of dem der knuckle ma bobbers (if the bearing is good), and installation? :eek:

would need to think about it but the problem is that I don't know if the bearings are good or not, like the ones from your parts car I believe that the car sat for awhile. I think they turned alright but I have no idea if they are good.

Alright, I'll just get the knuckle back from him with the new bearing pressed.

we could do it saturday or sunday morning if you want. Saturday might be better as I am home. The hub isn't hard to swap and my father has all the tools to do it there. Let me know when you want to do it.

Or do you have all the tools or did your friend bring his own?

also are you using the ford axle nut or something different. might want to get new ones for when we replace it.

Dude pressing in a bearing is like $15. Tons of places do it. And your g/f job issue is rediculous. What if shed a brother or sister getting married and she needed time off? If they "forgot" with me they can stick it up their asses. Especially a mall job. So easy to get. Hope she doesn't get attached to a job in the real world. G luck making any $.

we could do it saturday or sunday morning if you want. Saturday might be better as I am home. The hub isn't hard to swap and my father has all the tools to do it there. Let me know when you want to do it.

Or do you have all the tools or did your friend bring his own?

also are you using the ford axle nut or something different. might want to get new ones for when we replace it.

If you work on it sat. morning in Funroe, I can prob help out or at least watch you guys work on it. I think I'll be having brunch in the area.

If you work on it sat. morning in Funroe, I can prob help out or at least watch you guys work on it. I think I'll be having brunch in the area.

Well I will be down there around 11 hopefully saturday morning do do some work on my car myself so your welcome to swing by if you like

Back