• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Washed,clayed,polished,waxed....

im not a fan of black wheels. unless you're talking about black with a polished lip.

otherwise they look dirty...and also the black hides the details of whatever rim you have. not to mention the contrast of say black and silver just looks eleventy billion times better.

I concure, BIG TIME:cool:

lol im starting to get some too on my bumper, apparently Infinitis bumper paint is not known for its long durability :blackeye:
Come take a look at my car and see exactly how poor quality Nissan/Infiniti paint is ... the previous owner Zainoed it every six months and kept it pristine, and yet I have more rust spots than I ever did on the Contour ...

anyway on topic .. the car looks beautiful. It seems a little more dull than normal clean black paint though .. is this my monitor or pic quality?

Last edited:
Need help guys, which one shoud i order...im leaning towards black...

sportmax_009_(gloss_black_sr)_angle_zoom.jpg

sportmax_009_(gunmetal_sr)_angle_zoom.jpg

Kevin, PLEASE get the Enkei RPM2's or the PIAA Sport Mesh and NO, I'm suggesting the PIAA's because I have them either, the wheel MORE than speaks for itself. I paid $220 per wheel through my buddy at Discount Tire! Diamond Black finish FTMFW! Finish the car with one of those wheels and the haters, urrrr, jealous out there will come out in droves!

Finish the car with one of those wheels and the haters, urrrr, jealous out there will come out in droves!

Why would he want just one wheel??? :shrug:

Black, polished lip...that is all.
Everything on your car is black please don't do gunmetal. Especially with the polished lip, I think that would be over contrasting.

Last edited:
Well just got off the phone and the rims are on the way:cool:

I take it that you picked these then Kev
sportmax_009_(gloss_black_sr)_angle_zoom.jpg

If so I like them better than those all black rims, you just can't make out the style to well with that look, atleast the silver lip does something for it:shrug: Hector sent me a pic of a blue EVO with the Enkei RPM2's....:drool: Either way, can't wait to see it inperson and ride in the car as I believe I'm riding shotgun with you on the way to Gingerman and remember Kevin, NO hotdogging behind the wheel, I'm a real wuss driving in someone elses ride:eek:, ask Hector about chasing down an R32 when I was in Chicago last time!

Back