• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ caravan

Smalls

Addicted CEG'er
To make things easier and not pm everyone, lets just talk about where everyone is going and where we'll be meeting up. Me and bill will meet up with you guys somewhere by the bridge going to Canada. I talked to Kim and she said we should meet up at a gas station to fill up right before we cross the border just so we don't have to pay the outrageous gas prices up in Canada. I'll take a ride over there tomorrow to find a place close to the Thruway.

I believe everyone else from the Northeast going south of the great lakes, so I think we'd just have to meet them at the hotel.
I could be wrong though.

Okay, i have it figured out for all of us. I live right off of the 290(right on the way to michigan). Theres a couple gas stations right there that we could meet up at. Or you guys can stop for a quick bite to eat at my place and we can head out from there. Once back on the 290, we'll head through Grand Island and go into Canada over the Queenston-Lewiston bridge.

I think a meet up off of 290 would work out really well.
I'll doublecheck the route on my home computer and get back to you, but I'm pretty sure that's the way we were going to go.
We can try to narrow it down to a specific rest stop/gas station.

Thanks!

State Farm told me as long as I have the card that they issue each time I renew, then that's all I need to drive through Canada.

State Farm told me as long as I have the card that they issue each time I renew, then that's all I need to drive through Canada.

ok, everyone must be different but here is what Amica says on their website

Amica.com said:
Considering a trip north this year? With favorable exchange rates and exciting destinations relatively close to home, Canada is a popular choice. But if you're planning to drive across the border, the Canada Non-Resident Inter-Province Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Card, or the Canadian Card for short, is a must.
The Canadian Card is required to show you are in compliance with the country's mandatory auto insurance laws. Minimum liability auto insurance limits in Canada can differ greatly from limits set in the United States, and they also vary from province to province within Canada.
After you've planned your trip, call Amica to arrange for your free Canadian Card. The card serves to notify Canadian authorities that required limits of liability are being met, wherever you drive in Canada.

thats sucks

English mother****er!

Do you speak it?
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Okay, i have it figured out for all of us. I live right off of the 290(right on the way to michigan). Theres a couple gas stations right there that we could meet up at. Or you guys can stop for a quick bite to eat at my place and we can head out from there. Once back on the 290, we'll head through Grand Island and go into Canada over the Queenston-Lewiston bridge.

So exactly what exit off 290?
and do you know what specific gas station? As a reminder, there will be at least 6 cars in this caravan, so the gas station will need some parking space available to have us all meet up.

Thanks!

You're gonna take the Colvin Blvd / rt-425 exit- exit 2 and make a right. From there you will make a left at the the first light onto Youngs St. You will see a Tops gas station that is smack dab in the middle of a HUGE parking lot. This is where we will meet up

Back