• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Found SVT in junkyard, 2miles from home.

The distance is:
Total Est. Time: 5 hours, 23 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 328.30 miles

Doug found a side skirt so I don't need one anymore.

Scott, I may be interested in the headlight header panel/piece. The piece the headlights sit on...I'll get back to you on that one though.

scott where are you at??? do i have to drive to your house.. :) i know you are most likly busy with school and so forth but the wait is killing us all.. lol

how much are the cams? id like to get those and the uim and tb

def in for tb and uim

forget the pcm and injectors

but if i confirmed to late and u bought them then ill buy them

well if you want the cams you really should run the PCM so you get the added benifit of the cams and then of course you need the injectors for it to run right ... IHMO the cams will be a ***** to get out while in the car, it can be done but you need to remove the front cover and remove the tensioners so that you can get teh cams out ....

Ok, guys. I went down yesterday, explained what all I needed. I tried to use a credit card to buy all the stuff, then you all could just reimburse me. Unfortunately, my card was denied. :mad: It's a small card, with a low limit, so I think that's the problem. I'm heading back tonight to try again, but if it doesn't go through this time, I'm gonna need the money from you guys so I can grab this stuff for you.

I really know how shady that sounds, and many of you haven't met me, so I understand if you don't wanna do it this way. But I'm not some scam artist tryin' to rip you off. I'm just a poor math teacher with bills to pay. :eek: If you still want the parts you've indicated, shoot me a PM for my name and address, and we'll work something out. :cool:

On the plus side, this is a teeny little junkyard, and not too many SVTC's around, so the stuff may be there for a while. But like I said, I will try again tonight and see what I can work out, maybe the guys @ junkyard will hold all the pieces, then I can pick them up as the checks or $$ orders come in. I'll post up when I hear something definite. Sorry.:blackeye:

well if you want the cams you really should run the PCM so you get the added benifit of the cams and then of course you need the injectors for it to run right ... IHMO the cams will be a ***** to get out while in the car, it can be done but you need to remove the front cover and remove the tensioners so that you can get teh cams out ....

well scott i dont want to put you through alot of trouble so the uim and tb will be just fine. if later on i need or want the other stuff ill send u a pm.

Mike, I have Kung-Fu on Friday's, so that may not work, but I will have saturday too, so I think I'm good. I'll PM you the price.

Yamaha- no problem, I'll get those two parts first, and anytime later I can get teh other stuff. As we slowly strip it out, it may be easier to get the cams. Perhaps I can get off the LIM/Fuel rail and stash it somewhere, then grab it later if you need the injectors.:laugh:

Zero, I'm not too sure of how to remove the bumper, so any tips/tricks will help alot.

Gonna call him now, I'll let you know what he says.

Yamaha- no problem, I'll get those two parts first, and anytime later I can get teh other stuff. As we slowly strip it out, it may be easier to get the cams. Perhaps I can get off the LIM/Fuel rail and stash it somewhere, then grab it later if you need the injectors.:laugh:

well you can get to the cams by just removing the UIM and the valve covers but then you need to deal with the timing chains ... for that you need to pull the front cover and the motor mount .... it can be done but it wouldn't be to easy doing it all from the top ... some are easier from the bottom ... then you just remove the tensioners and the chain will come right off ....

I really know how shady that sounds, and many of you haven't met me, so I understand if you don't wanna do it this way. But I'm not some scam artist tryin' to rip you off. I'm just a poor math teacher with bills to pay. :eek: If you still want the parts you've indicated, shoot me a PM for my name and address, and we'll work something out. :cool:

No one is buying it Scott. You are a scam artist. ;)

Seriously, Scott is a good guy and won't rip anyone off. He may be a shady character but he won't rip you off. ;) :laugh: :D

Back