• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko paint

xxnovaxx

CEG'er
How much did it cost you guys to get it matched to your car? Looking for a ballpark figure so I know how much to save... thanks :)

Approx. $80 to $100.
You could also take the Mirko to a few body shops to get estimates so you can get an accurate figure.

$4k .... oh wait you wanted to know the mirko itself and not the whole car + mirko .... :laugh:

ok anywho not sure as I had it done at the same time the car was painted but $100 or so sounds reasonable ...

$10, spray paint.

Word. If your going black, this is the way to go. Black is black and is going to match regardless. Just pick up a can of clearcoat and have at it. I know Mark did this and came out great! Not to mention, as much abuse Mirko's take, just throwing on a coat of black paint and clear from a can is cheap.

Word. If your going black, this is the way to go.

Silver too. I hear there's a Duplicolor silver that matches perfectly, and the guy I bought my SVT from gave me a Mirko that he had sprayed but never put on and the color looks spot-on. I'm going to redo it tho, as it had been sitting in his garage for a while with no clear and is kinda messed up.

Also I think it'd be a waste to have it professionally done because you're gonna scrape it leaving the shop's parking lot. :blackeye:

Also I think it'd be a waste to have it professionally done because you're gonna scrape it leaving the shop's parking lot. :blackeye:

not if your carful and that only marks up the underside ... also the skid plate Pole120 is designing will help with that ...

I know if you're careful you can keep them nice...I didn't mean you would literally scrape it leaving the parking lot lol....I was just saying chances are you'll scrape the bottom at some point during ownership.

I know if you're careful you can keep them nice...I didn't mean you would literally scrape it leaving the parking lot lol....I was just saying chances are you'll scrape the bottom at some point during ownership.

oh I already have there is no 100% way to avoid it other then not drive with it on the car, but if you are careful you can minimize any damage

im gonna order my mirko ina bout 2 weeks. I cant wait..im just a lil bit worried about messing it up cuz the roads around here suck n my car scrapes a lil already with out it...

Rattle cans ftw. I spent 30 bucks on primer, paint, clear coat and sand paper and it came out real nice. Looking closely its a shade lighter but hard to tell with just a glance. Body shop quotes were all over 200 bucks.
IMGP1295.jpg

Mine was originally painted at the body shop.
When it gets scraped (and it will) I use rattle paint to touch it up/blend it in.

How much did it cost you guys to get it matched to your car? Looking for a ballpark figure so I know how much to save... thanks :)

The pro I use charged me $40 for the Mirko and the chrome trim ring. He also charged me $40 for a side skirt last year. Looks like I found myself a winner.:cool:

I had mine done the same time as my front bumper. It only cost me an additional $25 ontop of the $200 for the front bumper.

I'm thinking about having my front bumper done again too (in addition to my Mirko). I'm VERY concerned about aftermarket paint vs. factory paint. It seems like every time I see a car with a body kit that has been painted, it chips very badly. Anybody know if there are tricks to keep the front bumper and splitter from chipping so badly?

Back