• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

To paint? or not to Paint? that is the question

Barge

Hard-core CEG'er
These are the wheels that shall be housing my beefy RT-615's.

Unless I can be convinced otherwise they shall be undergoing the duplicolor wheel paint treatment soon to the graphite color.

enkeisilver.jpg

No, no photoshop. The graphite would be like a dark semi-metallic. Really dark grey or something along those lines.

Do what you want to. Why not Powdercoat them? I think either way would look pretty sweet.

:drool:X's 10000000......hott either way!
edit:The sideskirts are in desperate need of painting thought...other than that pure sex

Do what you want to. Why not Powdercoat them? I think either way would look pretty sweet.

I've not been convinced yet that powdercoating will not weaken the wheel or alter it's structural properties because of the heat involved.

I've not been convinced yet that powdercoating will not weaken the wheel or alter it's structural properties because of the heat involved.

The heat involved in powder coating is 425 degrees until the powder goes liquid and then down to 400 degrees for another 20-25 minutes to set the powder. I don't think at those temps it would change the structural integrity of the metal. But then again I'm not an alchemist.

The heat involved in powder coating is 425 degrees until the powder goes liquid and then down to 400 degrees for another 20-25 minutes to set the powder. I don't think at those temps it would change the structural integrity of the metal. But then again I'm not an alchemist.

.... or a metallurgist.

i spayed my wheels with the same stuff i think it would look hott. just becareful while doin it to many coats will make it too dark....but i love mine

Back