• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Saturday fun

ElKy

Has Nutz Bigger than Yours. Want Proof?
today i put in the new counters my father made for me along with a new sink, faucet and garbage disposal.

Before:
kitchen1.JPG

After:
kitchen2.JPG

before:
kitchen3.JPG

After:
kitchen4.JPG

the wood edges are now stained the same color as the rest of the wood in the kitchen.

so nice...

that is very nice looking :cool:

I still remember painting the kitchen that rainy weekend instead of going to FFW ...

so what does Sunday bring?

no party on sunday, well not really..
going to jess' fathers house and her sisters will be there.

gooner...please enlighten me on your sig.
i thought you had an infinity G35.
i don't know much about infinities or whatever, is the skyline the European version?

What are the two new switches for? (by the paper towel holder)

edit: wait a tic, you say new garbage disposal ... so that's one switch .. I should really read the text along with the pics

speaking of which, I recommend you replace the panels with ones that match the rest of the cabinetry :cool:

I know I've said this before .. but you really saw the diamond in the rough when you bought that house ... I'm constantly amazed at the subtle improvements you and Jess do that make such dramatic differences to the interior.

Last edited:
Infiniti is just a luxury division for Nissan as Lexus is for Toyota. In Japan, the G35 Coupe is the Nissan Skyline 350-GT

LINKY

Very nice looking counter tops. The first time I scrolled down to the after pics my reaction was "Photoshop". Then I started playing what the what else changed game scrolling between the two photos.

1. phone moved from window sill to counter top.
2. extra light switches on wall.
3. ....

P. S. I really like the high gloss shine.

Busy weekend in Auburn Too:

*Dressed up the inside of the house for an appraisal (Refi).
*Mowed the lawn.
*Swept up the smaller of the two driveways.
*Reinstalled the flower boxes and filled them with flowers.
*Clearedal of the brush around the fence in the back yard, cut all of the fresh vines weaving themselves thru the fence.
*Repacked and filled the flower bucket in the front yard (damn flowers are expensive!!).
*Cleared all of the leaves out of the mulch beds, refilled with fresh mulch.
*Built a Rubbermaid Big Max 7' x 7' shed (Rubbermaid is full of siht if they think it takes only 60min...try 3-4hrs). Snow blower, snow tires moved the the shed.
*Tore apart my lawn mower, stripped the paint, sanded, resprayed the frame flat black, painted Lava Orange flames over the front. Sharpened the blades.
*Washed, waxed and detailed the wife's Cherokee.

thanks for all the kind words.
Matty, the switch on the left is the disposal and the switch on the right is for the under cabinet lights.
and as for the panels in front of the sink, there were drawers there before, but they dont fit with the deeper sink.
so i am going to use the original drawer fronts, but put some fold out type hinge things on them. basically the panel will fold down slightly and there is room to put sponges.

Ahh .. didn't realize they were drawers! I've never seen a kitchen with drawers in front of the sink. I like the spongeholder idea.

The warm weather got me slightly productive. I cleaned out the living room and kitchen of my apartment (put away the Christmas decorations finally) and today put front brakes/rotors on the Maxima. Next weekend my dad and I will tackle the rear.

Looks great! Yeah, most sinks just have fake drawers in front of them for show.

yeah, these were actual drawers.
the dude hacked them all up to make them work, i will have to take a pic of them, they are amusing.

this was a weekend for brakes!
matty, Mikey, and me!
right after the counters were done, i had to do my fathers brakes on his truck, he was down to the backing plates!

Looks like it was a working weekend for all of us. We spent a good couple of hours Saturday clearing/killing the knotweed that had infested the hill in our backyard. That stuff is resilient, but, I think we've gotten rid of a good chunk of it.

Love the kitchen work, Elky. Looks really good!

Back