• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It's begun...

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
With 11 days to go the SVT build for SZ has begun...

Crossed off the list today is the re-working of the Exhaust. I cut the old system up and built a new one today(pics to follow next week when i have it off). I replaced the main cat with a Magnaflow high flow unit and eliminated over 360* of bends, there is a noticeable difference, when coupled with the other items to follow it should really open things up.

Still on the list for today is to get the 65mm TB built and start the adapter plate as well as working on building my new intake tube.

I've got a long way to go yet...hope the car gets done in time. :crosses fingers:

Last edited:
You will get it done....you always do. Remember making a heatshield the day before SZ 05?:laugh:

Good times....

The only reason i'm concerned is that 90% of the mods i'm doing in this next 12 days are much more involved than a heatshield....odly enough i may be building a heatshield the night before again, who knows.

~Josh

ahh..no wonder i've havn't got a hold of you, I wanted to know if ya still wanted my trunk lid.

Good luck on getting her done in time for SZ

LOL, I couldn't hardly get ahold of him and he was right in town here:laugh: I can't wait till I can say the same thing about my car. I've got a huge box of parts waiting in my room reminding me everyday that my car is broken:cry: Hope you can get everything done before SZ!

After a day of enjoying it the exhaust is ****in sick! The 65mm got derailed on Saturday when i discovered some unknown clearance issues with my initial plan, but i think i've got it all figured out...should be done by Wed before my box from the UK arrives...wonder what's in it...:shrug: Those who know keep ur yappers shut please.

It's going to suck parking the car again tomorrow after enjoying it all weekend, but there is work to be done.

On the list for tomorrow:

Drop exhaust for coating
Pull rear suspension and repair/rework
Install Stainless lines on all 4 corners
Flush brake system and clutch with ATE super blue
Pull UIM, LIM, battery and several other components for re-install by Wed
Possibly pull hood and prep car for new hood

I'll update tomorrow night if i'm still able to move....

I replaced the main cat with a Magnaflow high flow unit and eliminated over 360* of bends, there is a noticeable difference, when coupled with the other items to follow it should really open things up.

Did you just swap out the stock cat for the magnaflow high flow or did you buy the test pipe from Trubendz?

On the list for tomorrow:

ship TeamSVTour his door trim piece :laugh:
Drop exhaust for coating
Pull rear suspension and repair/rework
Install Stainless lines on all 4 corners
Flush brake system and clutch with ATE super blue
Pull UIM, LIM, battery and several other components for re-install by Wed
Possibly pull hood and prep car for new hood

I'll update tomorrow night if i'm still able to move....

fixed :)

Do I get to beat on it this year?

Sure do, she's good and broken in.

Did you just swap out the stock cat for the magnaflow high flow or did you buy the test pipe from Trubendz?

I re-built the entire system i built previously and welded in a high-flow cat, it was $53 bucks shipped. I took a before and after picture, i'll try and get them posted. I don't buy what i can build typically.

As for your trim piece, it's in my car, being packaged tonight and shipped tomorrow USPS priority and there will be a full refund in your paypal account this afternoon, sorry for the wait.

should be done by Wed before my box from the UK arrives...wonder what's in it...:shrug: Those who know keep ur yappers shut please.

I know what it is! bwwwahahahaa - You all have to wait.... hehe I can't wait to see.

Car is in the shop as of tonight. The top of the motor is disassembled and will be partially re-assembled tomorrow night, possibly completely if I can get my TB shaft welded up tomorrow. The TB is almost entirely figured out and the other components have been prepped long before this time for install so it should go quickly. I made a fatal error tho. Kyle's car is dismantled in the shop as well, but i put his car too close to center and there is no room to work from the sides, so the brake lines/fluid and rear suspension work is going to have to be done out side, and there is rain in the forecast for all week so that may have to waite until later in the week.

Car is in the shop as of tonight. The top of the motor is disassembled and will be partially re-assembled tomorrow night, possibly completely if I can get my TB shaft welded up tomorrow. The TB is almost entirely figured out and the other components have been prepped long before this time for install so it should go quickly. I made a fatal error tho. Kyle's car is dismantled in the shop as well, but i put his car too close to center and there is no room to work from the sides, so the brake lines/fluid and rear suspension work is going to have to be done out side, and there is rain in the forecast for all week so that may have to waite until later in the week.

As of this morning no rain all week sally. No more excuses get it done!

I don't know if you saw the Gingerman and dyno threads, but Frosty is going to be MIA for SZ :cry: Sucks, but what can ya do? There were some other issues that were discovered so I decided that instead of try and push to get the thing apart and back together and completely strangle my checkbook, I would rather take the time and get it done right after SZ. I will be rolling the SE with the black trunklid to SZ now :(

On another note, would you be interested in dynoing at SZ Crispy?:laugh:

are you attempting to fix and complete your car, Kyles car and Hetfields car all in time for SZ?

Nope, just focusing on mine at the moment. Mikes car is now being started after spring zing, and kyle's car is getting a full re-build from the ground up so it's staying at the shop for a while, unfortunately it's not movable right now(front subframe i sitting on the floor) so where it's parked is where it's staying.

Not only is there no time or room to work on my car before SZ, I'm using the SVT as a daily driver. The Sport is in sick bay with a rusted out exhaust and coolant leak. The exhaust is so bad I couldn't drive it even if I wanted to since the Grafton/Cedarburg police wouldn't hesitate to write me up for it.

Actually, I'm still happy since the stock stereo from hell has finally been replaced and is now sitting in a box in about 30 pieces (we had to destroy it to get it out of the car). It will hopefully be in 100 pieces by the end of SZ.

The new 65mm TB shaft is done i just have to optimize it tonight along with the housing and I'm all set to assemble and install it. I have to cut my gaskets as well. :cool:

On a VERY exciting note, got a call confirming that my UK box would be at my door Thursday or Friday. :drool:

If my new GC collar comes in tonight we'll back the car out of the shop and get the rear end squared away with the new collar, stainless lines, and new spherical und lings on my suspension arms.

For sure tonight the new LIM will be installed and everything regarding the 65mm TB install will be done and we'll be working on the mount for my new battery that BP has to wire up.

~Josh

Last edited:
Back