• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

high speed cooling fan does not work

johnoh

New CEG'er
I recently got the cel code for the high speed fan not working. I can't remember if it was code 563 or 756 and the car is not with me right now, but nevertheless the radiator fan is not kicking into high speed with the a/c on or right after you turn the key when you check for trouble codes after hooking up the obd-1 with a wire. Can someone post the troubleshooting steps for this problem? The fan wires themselves look to be okay. Thanks

By the way the fan used to be intermittent so I implemented the fix posted here where you splice the wires just off the fan control switch, which then caused the fan to always be on high speed. That was 3 months ago and since then the fan has always been on high until this week when high speed crapped out altogether. I just reversed the fix and high speed still does not come on.

Last edited:
Start with Fan topic If the motor is bad (stiff to turn), it might run too slow. The relative speed should change when testing the fan if the wiring and resistor are good.

Back