• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Headlight refurbish

cuda06

Veteran CEG'er
This is a lot cheaper than buying new lights and works great! Check out the night and day difference between the two.
pics273.jpg

I'm just tired of doing it once a year. Maybe I'll stop being cheap someday and just get some new ones.

I need to do this as well.... my one passenger is fogged up.... did you sand yours or what? Cause that's what my bro did to his to fix that....

i dont see why you guys buy new lights... i took my old lights and sand them with some 1500, and then cleared them with automotive car clear.. and they look brand new.. cost me like 15 dollers in material at my shop...

im sure if u take them too a body shop they will be no more then 20-30 bucks. easy.

ill post pics tonight.

It all depends on your degree of haziness. I've dehazed mine about 3 times already and while they look much better than before, side by side, they don't come close to the look of a new headlight.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...924666+4294925242+4294922648+115&autoview=sku

FTW

55K miles on my headlights, 2 sets of these. Showroom quality headlights, that I've never had to buff out.

When the covers get trashed, I toss em and buy I new set for $50 every few years.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. The last pair only got replaced because we managed to break one of the covers' tabs. They should last much longer than just a few years now that we're more careful.

cuda, what did you do to get such a drastic difference? It came out awesome!

Back