• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Horn gone :(

beans, in the time it took you to write that, you could have pulled the fuse, looked at it, and seen if it was bad or not. if its bad, the filament in the middle will be melted

:( Horn doesnt work anymore. fuse? new horn?
Is your cruise control out too? If it is, you could be looking at a clockspring issue. Is the airbag light flashing?

If both are fine, and the fuse is fine, check the spade connector at the horn. Those tend to get dirty or rusty as it is at the bottom. Most of the time, taking it out, cleaning it and then reinstalling gets it working as good as new again.

(1)Is your cruise control out too?

(2)If it is, you could be looking at a clockspring issue.

(3)Is the airbag light flashing?

1. Yes.

2 Wtf is a clocksprimg?

3. No.

..and i didnt have time to check the fuse it was 9pm when i wrote this, ill go check fuses now...

do you have the cruise control unplugged? If so...it needs to be plugged in (the little module anyway)

What brilliant engineer routed the horn function through the cruise control?

I love this world.. really.

Nah, its plugged in, Cruise is just messed up.. it works..sometimes. (i hate cruise anyway)

Oh you're one of those people! :mad: Have you just looked under the car to check and see if the wires got popped off somehow? That's what happened when mine quit working...

If you put in a new horn you should put in a dixie air horn. Or even a train horn and scare everyone.

The most common problem is the horn itself. Get an assistant and a voltmeter or test light and disconnect the horn and test for voltage when your assistant presses the horn button. If you have voltage, the problem is the horn.

Most of the time a failed horn only needs adjusting. There will be a screw somewhere on the horn that is sealed with locktite or silicon. Playing with that screw often restores horn function. I fixed one like that a month ago on my son-in-law's Expedition.

Back