• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

poly engine/trans mounts

98TredSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Are these supposed to make shifting smoother and more consistent when shifting hard and through turns? Is there another purpose? Can you upgrade just a few or do you need all of them, which ones are most effective if you're trying to save money but still get the benefit?

The primary purpose is to reduce wheel hop, the Contour trans killer. As far as shifter feel, the engine will move around much less which i suppose could translate to a more consistent feel to the shifter, but this is minor.

which reisitor can you replace to help with transmission movement but not decrease driving comfert?

Front mount inserts only.

Not poly mount filled.

Buy the poly urethane inserts that energy suspension sells

Last edited:
hmm.. well I'd like to do somthing - I've got no stabo and probably worn mounts. When I accelerate in low gears in traffic and let off the gas I can feel the entire engine moving quite a bit and it surges my car forward..

hmm.. well I'd like to do somthing - I've got no stabo and probably worn mounts. When I accelerate in low gears in traffic and let off the gas I can feel the entire engine moving quite a bit and it surges my car forward..

The inserts will help a tad, but not as much as full poly units. Harshness has been a factor for some people in the past and people have been asking for softer poly units for some time. I have been meaning to experiment with the durability of 80A mounts as opposed to my 94A mounts but i just haven't had time. I don't want to sell them until i know they'll last. Steeda on the boards has done a few sets in 80A i guess and AFAIK they've been holding up well so that may be a viable option for you.

I'm thinking i'll just go with the pole filled 94a's here in another week or so to improve mine. My motor moves way to much.

I'm not really looking forward to the harsh ride and noise/vibrations but: Stiff > Engine moving

Minimally effective FWIW.

~Josh

It works, maybe not as good as polly filled. I for one don't want my hand and body vibratining as i sit idle at a light.

That is my opinion and the way i like my car to be. Now if you do want something that will help eliminate wheel hop then poly fill is the best choice.

Front mount inserts where used for many years here on ceg. Before pole made it available to the public since he started group buys.

So pick what you like. try the front mount inserts, there like 30 dollars. If you want more order the poly mounts.

Then you will officially know which ones you would be happy with.

pole120: since you make and sell the mounts, what exactly does each mount do? which ones are the most effective to upgrade and how does it change driving, like what are the imrpovements?

pole120: since you make and sell the mounts, what exactly does each mount do? which ones are the most effective to upgrade and how does it change driving, like what are the improvements?

Well the mounts I service are the engine's front and rear roll resistors. They're purpose is solely to stop the engine's rocking in the bay. The stock mounts are rather sloppy and allow a lot of movement, this is for comfort purposes. My mounts are solid polyurethane and stop nearly all engine movement and improve performance, but the trade off is more vibration transfered to the chassis an into the cabin which has proven to be too uncomfortable for some buyers. I've sold over 100 sets and have had only two buyers return their mounts because they were too harsh for their tastes. Those that have purchased my mounts can echo the statement that you get used to the added NVH and really don't notice it after some period of time. In addition i find that the vibration is only very evident in idle conditions.

the vibration is always evident, you just get a little used to it. I would try 80 or 60 hardness poly. 90+ is kinda overkill, and If I could do it over I would refill mine with something softer. I know lots of people who have used 60A in hondas with no problem.

how much does it cost for a front one and a rear one? Can you send me them and then I send you the core later cause I can't really be without my car for a week.

80A is still holding up well. Been on for 2.5 months now. No where near as harsh as the 94A's

Back