• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

parts

Kickass. What CR did you decide to go with? Are you fabbing up the header, or is someone else doing it?

BTW, that MAF adapter is f'n huge!!! :shocked:

i went with the 8.9:1 pistons. it was either those or the 10.6:1.

the MAF adapter has a 4" inlet:shocked: i couldnt find an 80mm lighting MAF for as cheap as the 90mm. its basically the same MAF just a slightly larger bore. its gonna be a draw through setup so its not a problem.

heres some quick pics i just took compairing the old and new piston/rod assemblies. just as i suspected the compression height of the focus pistons is smaller. if you look at the big end they are both at the same height.
SSPX0058.jpg

SSPX0059.jpg

Last edited:
i went with the 8.9:1 pistons. it was either those or the 10.6:1.

the MAF adapter has a 4" inlet:shocked: i couldnt find an 80mm lighting MAF for as cheap as the 90mm. its basically the same MAF just a slightly larger bore. its gonna be a draw through setup so its not a problem.

heres some quick pics i just took compairing the old and new piston/rod assemblies. just as i suspected the compression height of the focus pistons is smaller. if you look at the big end they are both at the same height.
Very sweet. Are those Carillo rods? Certainly the style. That _H_ is a beauty.

Are you drilling the block for piston coolers/ squirters?

they are eagle rods. the only thing i am having done to the block is having it bored/honed out to fit the pistons. they come .007 overbore.

I did see the Eagle boxes, just haven't seen their products, still quite stout. :> mm yeah!

Some of the Euro blocks use squirters for their turbos. I'm _pause_ really telling you to consider it.

I'm gonna pm you.

I've gotta agree... Unless you are shooting for 600+HP, oil squirters aren't needed. An oil cooler would be more beneficial.

BP
Good point, I sorta assumed a cooler, since the block is already drilled for one. I'm planning on one just for fooling around on a road race track.

I'm guessing there is an orifice that needs to go into plumbing for a cooler. Has anyone listed the part or requirements in the forum?

Not on these forums. But on the Focus forums, a few of them have an oil coolers. You can get a sandwich-style cooler that fits between the oil filter and the block. There are also guys that completely re-locate the filter when installing a Powerworks supercharger. All of the stuff is out there, just nobody has put one on a Zetec Contour/Mystique.

There hasn't really been a need, until now. :cool:

BP

Not on these forums. But on the Focus forums, a few of them have an oil coolers. You can get a sandwich-style cooler that fits between the oil filter and the block. There are also guys that completely re-locate the filter when installing a Powerworks supercharger. All of the stuff is out there, just nobody has put one on a Zetec Contour/Mystique.

There hasn't really been a need, until now. BP
Ah. Thanks. The sandwich style does typically add a thermostat which is a plus for all season street driven stuff. I've never run one though. I sorta think it's another place to leak. ;>

I haven't had problems with the original 2.0L filter but some of the machinery I regularly deal with, the oil filter is a thing to keep an eye on. My 7.3L Ford diesel fer-instance.

Last edited:
I sorta think it's another place to leak. ;>

True. It's all about the installation. As long as all of the mating surfaces are clean and undamaged, and the gaskets are oiled before screwing on, it should last a loong time without leaks.

Personally, I would also consider an oil pressure gauge manditory when installing something like that. All it takes is one bad hose clamp to cost you a motor.

BP

the block and pistons are going up to the machine shop today. as soon as i get it back its gonna start going back together.

Who makes the res? Whats left to come in? Or will it be a surprise...

Edit: That intercooler piping reminds me a lot of the ebay ones I've seen.

Last edited:
theres not a whole lot left to come in. intercooler, MAF, AEM wideband and 42# injectors. everything else is just little stuff, gaskets, flanges, etc.

it actually is an ebay kit however i have spent the better part of a year researching what kit to buy (not just ebay kits). i decided the "universal" was the best cause i can put it together however i want to make it fit in the car. i looked at all the specs and the one i got was the best one for the money (thickest tubing, most pieces). we'll see how it works out. if need be i can get steel tubing custom bent for a fairly good price.

as for the resonator im not sure of the brand but when looking at it the design is just like any borla/magnaflow resonator.

Last edited:
42# injectors, intercooler, bearings, and AEM wideband have now come in.
SSPX0064.jpg

a few other misc things have also come in but i dont have a picture of them (gaskets, flanges, exhaust tubing, etc)

edit: wow didnt realize the pic was so blurry.

Last edited:
Back