• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spotted: Silver SVT with typical CEG mods in West Hartford

hotdimmes

Hard-core CEG'er
So I went to this pizza place in west hartford on park rd. and I parked next to a Silver Frost 98.5-00 with nyceboi emblem on the rear, SVT emblem on the front grill, and A6 sidemarkers. Everything else was pretty much stock. Rear bumper was pretty beat up. I have a feeling it once belonged to a CEG'r and they sold it off...

anyone know who owns/owned it?

That's me. I just re-registered her about a month ago.

SVT's been off the road since XMas due to spark plug threads being damaged (plug popped out), BAD misfire issues (3rd new pair of wires did the trick), TWO hit and runs (fixed the first one, the back bumper is the result of 2nd one).

Anyways, it is SO good to drive this car again! I forgot how much I love the SVT until I had to drive my Altima for several months.

ah cool, do you live in the area? I'm about to get the hell out of here. Some girl was just killed and put in a box by two dudes not more than a block away from me.

Yeah I do live in the area, and I'm also about to haul ass outta here. :)

I want to live in more of a country-like area. West Hartford is generally OK, but too crowded for me and I'm too close to shady areas for my liking.

Granby and Simsbury always seemed like nice areas -- lots quieter than the greater Hartford area, anyway -- what's the feeling on places like that? Probably no jobs, eh?

I can't find crap for a job. No one wants to hire an entry level computer engineer :cry:

I think I'm going to start looking for work in southern ct and then move to the Shelton/Milford area. I went to autozone in hartford this weekend and the possibility of dying there actually crossed my mind. I don't like that feeling at all.

To be sure, there are some pretty rough parts in Hartford. I was having a beer at the Pig's Eye over off Asylum a couple years ago, and kept walking over to the windows to make sure my car was still there.

Another time, I had a few beers at The Half Door on Sisson Ave. This was in '03, so the fact that the Tigers were actually winning that night should mean something. :cool: Seemed to me that if you followed Sisson much beyond that bar, things dropped off dramatically.

yeah I really don't venture into Hartford at all ... Bristol Dyno isn't in that great of a place in East Hartford but during the day I don't see the big deal ... but then again I am not is the very best part of Enfield but it isn't that bad at all, i don't hear of to much bad going on around the area :help:

Good thing: being 2 minutes from all the fun bars in hartford

Bad thing: two guys stabbing each other right outside your apartment :blackeye:

LauraSVT, it's interesting that you mentioned Simsbury and Granby. If I had a choice to live anywhere in CT it is Simsbury. I've always loved the vibe of that town. Granby is also high up there. Unfortunately those towns are a bit too far from my job.

Speaking of jobs. Hotdimmes, you mentioned looking for work. I'm a hardware engineer (EE) so I'm in a similar field. If you want I'll see if my company is looking and ask some of my coworkers if they know of anything.

Speaking of jobs. Hotdimmes, you mentioned looking for work. I'm a hardware engineer (EE) so I'm in a similar field. If you want I'll see if my company is looking and ask some of my coworkers if they know of anything.

That'd be great...but does that mean I might end up stuck in hartford? Nooooooo! Just kidding, I appreciate it!

hotdimmes - Unfortunately none of the openings at my job are entry level. Also they are all software jobs (Since you said computer engineer instead of software engineer I assumed you are a computer hardware engineer).

Anyways good luck on your job search (and getting outta Hartford!) :)

Yeah that seems the be the case everywhere :cry: Thanks for trying though. I think I'm sort of in a limbo as to what type of engineer I really am. What I really want to get into is microcontroller/PLC programming which I find often under the title of software engineer although I don't really consider myself one. The computer engineering program from uconn was mostly digital hardware design with some software design and a dash of analog.

LOL You want out of West Hartford, and I want in. :laugh:

I agree about the surrounding cities thing, but I don't see how anyone could not want to live in West Hartford. I love it there.

West Hartford amused me a bit because of its stark contrast to Hartford proper. It blends quaint and cosmopolitan together at once, where New England feel meets boutique shops. That oyster bar on the corner, right in the thick of it all in downtown (Max's?) seems quite out of place -- it would fit better on Miami Beach.

Needless to say, West Hartford met my needs, because I did not have to fret about my car disappearing, as I did in Hartford.

SVT_CT -- the last time I spent any real time in Simsbury was in '03, back when you could still smoke in the bars. I happened upon a small local watering hole, very casual, dimly lit, but comfortable, with a veneered bar and circular high top tables. It was right on a main drag, but I sure can't remember the name of it. The whole thing proably wasn't 500 square feet. That northwestern area of CT is a good one -- I've enjoyed my travels there.

mmmm Max's Oyster Bar....Me and my buddies would go there looking for rich divorced cougars to butter up to.

We went home alone every time :blackeye:

mmmm Max's Oyster Bar....Me and my buddies would go there looking for rich divorced cougars to butter up to.

We went home alone every time :blackeye:

You walk up to her and its something like this? "Excuse me, can I help you with your clam -- er, oyster?"

You were really reaching up the ladder, eh? Didn't know you were not 21 when you pulled that stunt. I can see how that would be humbling. Give you credit for trying, I suppose.

Man, you would have loved hanging out with corey (former member).
That boy didn't go home alone either. He had the funniest cougar stories ever!

Back