• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I want to paint my intake manifold.

Dude.

I KNOW this is like.. the third time I've come in to a thread you toss all over here and told you to start SEARCHING.

you KNOW its called a manifold, already.. I can see that. You know you have a 2.5.. I can see that in your sig. Utilizing those two pieces of information, you could go to the DURATEC forums, and under the MAINTENANCE section is a thread that says "READ ME FIRST". If you had read it FIRST, you'd see that there are all sorts of links for how-to files, like REMOVING YOUR UPPER INTAKE MANIFOLD, etc..

Seriously, though.

Can you start searching more, and stop making one sentence threads like "I need a motor mount", "I need a waterpump" and "I want to paint my intake manifold"?

All of those are simple enough that ALL THREE can be found in the Duratec Maintenance forum's "read-me-first" thread. Parts locations.. removal instructions, pricing, even how and where to buy them from..

:nonono:

Yeah it's easy to take off. Remove all the crap attached to it and pull it off, sound difficult?

I just had the visual of some guy pulling on the manifold.. with his feet
on the strut towers... won't budge till you unscrew it... :)

I think the first time I came on here I trolled around for a day or two before posting, and from that day or two I learned a valuable lesson...use the search function. I know it's a pain to dig through all the results you'll get, BUT someone else already went through this crap (at least) once before, and they were usually cool enough to take the time to post how they did what they did. The least we can all do is spend some of our own time and do some searching. So don't get too pissed when someone gives ya crap for not searching, not searching is lazy.

With that said, how can I fit a Xtype engine in my car? LOL.

search "how to" :)

To remove the UIM...undo bolts, if it's an SVT UIM, and you want to remove the poddercoat, use aircraft grade paint stripper...if it's stock, an assload of degreaser, a scrub brush, and some time.

Back