• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Theft proof screws like on MAF

steelblueSE

Hard-core CEG'er
Is there anywhere that sells the (not sure of the real name) "theft deterrant" screws like the ones that hold on the MAF sensor, only in longer length. The heads have a torx design with a raised cylinder in the middle requiring the wrench to be hollow in the middle. I would like to use these to secure an amp underneath the rear window in the trunk. I am trying to make it theft proof, because there are alot of cars around here that get broken into .

utilize ur trunk lock. forget the screws. no one can get in my trunk but me. unless of course u manage to get my spare set of keys from my house haha.:laugh:

Yes, they are usually called security screws and you buy them at most hardware stores in their fastener/screw aisles. They will come with the bit or tool to remove them. You can also get them on eBay Item 150115716478

These are an excellent deterrent and although not theft proof they will certainly slow a thief down which thieves HATE. If someone really wants your stuff they can get it but making it hard for them can often save your stuff.

Reading this will give you some more ideas:
http://www.hondahookup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28212

To highlight some of the best suggestions, these are things people with ANY modifications or cars that even LOOK modified should have.
-Wheel locks
-Alarm
-Proper Fuses
-Remove License Plate
-If you have a removable faceplate REMOVE THE FACE PLATE AND TAKE IT WITH YOU

Makes the stereo completely worthless.

Last edited:
-If you have a removable faceplate REMOVE THE FACE PLATE AND TAKE IT WITH YOU

Makes the stereo completely worthless.
Doesn't mean your car won't get broken into! Too many people leave it under the front seat or something and thieves know this, so they break in, yank the stereo, look for the faceplate, can't find it and take the stereo anyway out of vindictiveness. There have also been stories of CEGers pretty much bolting down their stereos so it doesn't get stolen, and then having the entire dash and HVAC destroyed as the thief tries to remove it.

Last edited:
That's whay my stereo has a c4 trigger attached to it and 1lbs of it in the glove box, come and get it :laugh: . i'll loose the car but it would be so sweet.

These are an excellent deterrent and although not theft proof they will certainly slow a thief down which thieves HATE. If someone really wants your stuff they can get it but making it hard for them can often save your stuff.

Do not for get the possibility of then completely trashing your car because you kept them from getting what they wanted. You need to think to your self what the amp is worth, then decided if its worth risking the damage they might do to your car (broken windows, kicked in panels, slashed tires and upholstery, scratched paint, ect...)

i had a buddy who lined the edge of his deck with razor blades. dunno how he did it but i got a good look at it, and if a thief comes along and tries to grab it, his hands are gonna get WICKED cut up. too bad no one has tried yet hehe.

Forget all of that.

Go get a deep cycle battery for yachts. Wire a relay into your alarm system. When triggered the relay closes the circuit to contacts in the front seats, door handles and truck lid.

Your perp will become your victim...

Illiteracy Spreads like a cancer across the net…

Illiteracy Spreads like a cancer across the net…

utilize ur trunk lock. forget the screws. no one can get in my trunk but me. unless of course u manage to get my spare set of keys from my house haha.:laugh:
I've been away from this forum for a while. How sad to see that in my absense, the same sort of illiterate cretins who are becoming increasingly prevalent elsewhere have found their way here as well.

I've remarked many times in the past about certain sorts of people who ought not be allowed to own fine cars like Fords. Perhaps this needs now to include people who are too stupid even to spell simple words like “you”.

You guys do know that in our wonderful society, YOU would be in trouble, not the perp.... :shrug: :mad:

You guys do know that in our wonderful society, YOU would be in trouble, not the perp.... :shrug: :mad:

So true, it's sad that criminals have rights these days. :blackeye:

Thanks for the help on the screws guys. :)

I've been away from this forum for a while. How sad to see that in my absense, the same sort of illiterate cretins who are becoming increasingly prevalent elsewhere have found their way here as well.

I've remarked many times in the past about certain sorts of people who ought not be allowed to own fine cars like Fords. Perhaps this needs now to include people who are too stupid even to spell simple words like “you”.

all right i apologize if i type quickly and shorten "u" and "y" and crap like that. no need to be a b!tch about it. wtf dude. seriously go whine elsewhere. we didnt miss YOU here.

all right i apologize if i type quickly and shorten "u" and "y" and crap like that. no need to be a b!tch about it. wtf dude. seriously go whine elsewhere. we didnt miss YOU here.
He's not the only one that hates that crap. If you have any typing proficiency at all, you're not saving more than a second or two by abbreviating. It just makes it harder to read, and we old fogies get irritated by that. I'll give you credit for spelling 'apologize' correctly though.

He's not the only one that hates that crap. If you have any typing proficiency at all, you're not saving more than a second or two by abbreviating. It just makes it harder to read, and we old fogies get irritated by that. I'll give you credit for spelling 'apologize' correctly though.

wtf, idk, iirc it's shorter lol. plz, u have to understand. fwiw i think it's dumb. ur just mad cuz you can't abrev stuff like us, please stfu, u can't even ring once. ur ftl, not ftw, git it rite. lmfao, i'll ttyl.

that was hard to write, like it was. i like making long coherent sentences, call me crazy.

Last edited:
Back