• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fixer upper gt500

It is a shame though. even with a rear clip that's going to take some dough to fix. I still wouldn't want to own a rare car with repair title gt500 or not.

guess ford made the brakes to good :laugh: .

my buddy picked up a salvage Katrina 05 v6 that was actually brought back to running condition. for about $6k iirc. just swap out the motor, trans, interior and everything and anything you can and youve got yourself a cheap Shelby clone! wont be too many of those running around for quite awhile!! my buddy just bought a brand new Shelby motor to drop in the v6 along with a custom rear axle and racing auto trans. gonna be a bad mofo when its done!

bah, the reserve's not even met yet. what does this guy think he's going to get for this thing??

my buddy picked up a salvage Katrina 05 v6 that was actually brought back to running condition. for about $6k iirc. just swap out the motor, trans, interior and everything and anything you can and youve got yourself a cheap Shelby clone! wont be too many of those running around for quite awhile!! my buddy just bought a brand new Shelby motor to drop in the v6 along with a custom rear axle and racing auto trans. gonna be a bad mofo when its done!

bah, the reserve's not even met yet. what does this guy think he's going to get for this thing??

I sorry, but are you drunk?

I'm sure the reserve is high don't you relize how rare it is , after all it's been modified :eek: . hey don't forget "we can load the car for you" jeez for that price don't let me take you away from your busy day. the only good thing is you can bring a shorter trailer :laugh: .

The insurance company totaled it. Usually rare cars that are considered repairable are totaled because the parts to fix it aren't available. All the parts are available to repair this car but the bill for a repair shop to do it and then stand behind the repair exceeded 50% of the value of the car.

Now if the seller drops his reserve to say 20k and I had 30k total to blow, I would buy a "body in white" from Ford and build a racecar using to the parts.

Don't think so...

The only thing "salvagable" in this car are the engine/trans, front suspension, and some odd bits.

Engine: 10-15K
Suspension: 2K
Odd Parts: 2K

So at best, 19K.

The rear end - supension, diff, fuel, frame/subframe, window mount, etc - have to be repaired/replaced.

I would offer 10 maybe 15 and use the engine for some swap... Any focuses cheap? :shocked:

I still wouldn't want to own a rare car with repair title gt500 or not.

A friend of mine has an ORIGINAL Shelby Cobra that was wrecked in LeMans. It was hit in the driver side rear 1/4.

Unfortunetly it was repaired using fiberglass on that panel. I was skeptical at first as most auto enthusiasts would be with all the replica cars going around.
But the truth lies in going around the car w/ a magnet, It has a Jaguar rear, 427 of course and a reverse speedometer.

Some of you guys might know Ed from the band LIVE. It's his car.

He sold it recently for a mere $400,000. I think he still got his money out of it and it has some head/cam work as well.

Attachments

• 315747151_l.jpg
    315747151_l.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 315745345_l.jpg
    315745345_l.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 0
it'll be rare one day, but with all the up front cash to make the purchase and then the rebuild process, it still is borderline. like the others said at this point your not buying it for a gt500 anymore your buying the driveline and other goodies you can get of it. even grafting on a reg. mustang rear clip doesn't command top dollar it's a rebuild no matter how you color it and putting all the stuff onto another mustang doesn't make it a gt500 just a clone with real drivetrain, just like the good 'ol se into an svt arguement on here which is true.

Bring on the gt500kr :drool: .

Back