• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what happened to Bassani Exhaust?

evilsvt

New CEG'er
i used to have a SVT and am in the process of FINDING another. i had a Bassani system on my last one and i LOVED it. harsh raspy deep tone. since the site changed i found the list of vendors and it said Bassani was discontinued??? what happened? if they are really gone what is the next loudest one out now? dont say Bosal, looks to rice chex for me. bassani almost had a mini ferrari sound to it. loved it. (with a shoshop y-pipe)

Bosal is the next loudest.

Bassani can make about a million times more money off of new cars than continuing making exhausts for a 4 door sedan car.

The bassani sounds like my old Silver SVT if you ever heard that Steve. And we both know you did after the elizebeth park meet :)

I loved it. Still might get one for this SVT not sure what i want yet

Bassani or spintec true duals

Bassani Exhaust

Bassani Exhaust

They label the Bassani as 2-1/4". I thought it was 2.5"?

Mark

I saw a quote a above about whether Bassani was still around, I called their factory , they are still around Tel 714--630-1821

if its 2.5" i might just want to get one of these insted of Tb 2.5 magnaflow resonated.

i have heard the TB magnaflow resonated (2.5 w/ 3" tips) and it sounds perfect. i heard the bassani once for an instant and it wasn't "crazy-loud" just different imo.

ok, now that we know they still make Bassani, here is my real question. i love loud exhaust on these cars. i had a Bassani with a hi flow y pipe. how does the trubends flowmaster unresonated compare in sound?

flowmasters sound like dooookie.

get a straight through muffler, none of that chambered crap.

ok, now that we know they still make Bassani, here is my real question. i love loud exhaust on these cars. i had a Bassani with a hi flow y pipe. how does the trubends flowmaster unresonated compare in sound?

headers trubendz y and non res magnaflow = raspy/loud as hell above 3k.

now i have the resonated kit w/ headers and tru y pipe and it sounds nice

Back