• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ATTN: Rawburt...We don't label ****!

Meh...the 93 cobra wheels are almost identical to thunderbird wheels. Never really liked them or got why Ford would basically use the same wheel for the Cobra :nonono:. Now the cobra R's look sick on the foxes :drool:.

Im gonna do rear seat delete and stuff was thinking about getting the 93 R wheels if i could find a set. They look like the same ones that the 95 mustang have but painted.

does thar car have 38000 thousand miles? cuz my buddies mustang got stolen and torched last week around here. it was a gt and it was blue. just curious.

Ya im sure blue ext came with red interior that would be hot. Seriously you think its the same car?:blackeye:

Im gonna do rear seat delete and stuff was thinking about getting the 93 R wheels if i could find a set. They look like the same ones that the 95 mustang have but painted.

You may be getting the wheels confused. The fox body 93 stang cobra wheels (only year of the fox body cobra) are the fin looking wheels. Basically they look like thunderbird wheels :nonono:. The Cobra R wheels are the 5 spoke wheels that were standard on the 94+ to not sure what year cobra. Basically they look like the E1's but in 17 inch. This is what I have but mine have extra design on it b/c they are the Ford Motorsport Style. I can snap a quick pic of one of mine if you want.

NO i know what they are im talking about the 93 Cobra R wheels They kinda look like the 95 GT wheels but only 4 bolt i think

1.jpg

thats a 93 R

Have you never heard of the 93 R?

Are you referring to the twin tri-spoke wheels that are painted black?

Those are pretty hideous even though it is such a rare car. I'd take a set of Cobra R 5 spokes or a newer set of Cobra R's over those wheels anyday.

Edit: posted before I saw the pic.

Here is another shot. Meh

93CobraR.jpg

These would be my second choice. But as I said earlier looks to Thunderbird-ish
93_cobra.JPG

Last edited:
Are you referring to the twin tri-spoke wheels that are painted black?

Those are pretty hideous even though it is such a rare car. I'd take a set of Cobra R 5 spokes or a newer set of Cobra R's over those wheels anyday.

i wouldn't. the five spokes are on every mustang you see. rare wheels are much cooler.

i wouldn't. the five spokes are on every mustang you see. rare wheels are much cooler.

Yea but tri spokes? Those were the rage in the 90's. Everyone had them. They got so old in the 90's, to a point that if I were to see tri spokes today I would just laugh. I'll give credit where credit is due and it is a kick-a$$ car but the wheels just aren't very tasteful IMO. Those wheels definitely show the cars age and not in a good way. That is why I personally have upgraded from the ugly stock "A-team" looking wheels to a clean 5 spoke Cobra R b/c they look great on and never go out of style. It's all personal pref. though so if you like em have at it :)

is there a diff between the T-bird turbine fin wheels and teh cobra's?

negative. just a different center cap and different paint/coating.

Ill have to get some T bird wheels

Eh, the cobra's may be a wider wheel and a different offset than the thunderbird. The design is basically the same though which is why I always hated the fact that they used the same design. They do of course have a diff center cap as mentioned above. Can't really comment on the paint used between the two.

Umm similar design. 17" on the Cobra and 15" on the bird. Slight difference. 4 bolt on the stang and 5 on the bird too.

oh there only 15's on the bird? Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How sexy are the 93 cobra rims :)

Back