• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MINI'S are coming, LOTS of them!

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
2007banner.gif

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/

There are FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY TWO CARS registered and EIGHT HUNDRED people going that weekend:shocked: I got my car a bit too late and am already going to SZ, but I'll be there iwth all of them next year though! The enthusiasm these people have for the Dragon and their cars lets me know I got the right car for sure, not that I needed that or anything, but it sure doesn't hurt. I plan on getting a small number of Michigan MINI guys to go down there in the fall. Kinda funny how its their 5th anniversery as well as my own this fall:cool:

Can that many people even be accomodated in that part of the mountains?? They're gonna be all over!

[Judy Collins voice] 'Send in the clowns... ' [/Judy Collins voice]

I'm not sure where everyone is staying, but when I go down there next year I'm staying in the same place I've been staying the past 4 years, Tellico Plains. I mean its only 60 miles to get to the Dragon from there and you get to enjoy and equally fun road getting there, a win, win IMO:cool: I'm not too sure how many are going to come down with me in the fall but this is going to be the most anticipated trip since my first time down there ever back in 2003!

BTW Hector is getting married on October 20th of this year and I'm trying to get him to make the Dragon run with me. This will make for one wild bachelor party:laugh:

The cabins would be the place to have the party then!

You're right at the entrance to the Skyway there. Nice location. I like a few more comforts so I stayed in Sweetwater right at I-75 & 68. Indoor pool, etc. Only about 20 minute drive to the Skyway so you car is nice & warmed up & you get to drink a cup of coffee before you go tossin' around the roadways. ;)

So Roger are you orginzing the Dragon Run this year again? If so what are the dates? I have been out of touch from the boards for a long time and Dina and I would love to attend again, but this time I will make the correct reservations at the correct Caney Creek Cabins !! LOL

I have been so busy here at work that I have neglected this hobby. The quartely crime statistics came out and crime in Ft Myers has increased 37% in my zone this time last year. Anyways enough rambling.

Cheers,
Suriel

I heard about the homicide. A very unfortunate trajedy. Acts like this one are becoming more and more prevelant in Ft Myers and surrounding areas with in Lee county. Although I do not work for FMPD, we at time get BOLO's from surrounding agencies regarding these types of crimes. If I hear something and it is not listed as "law enforcement only" I will let you know.

~~Suriel

I heard about the homicide. A very unfortunate trajedy. Acts like this one are becoming more and more prevelant in Ft Myers and surrounding areas with in Lee county. Although I do not work for FMPD, we at time get BOLO's from surrounding agencies regarding these types of crimes. If I hear something and it is not listed as "law enforcement only" I will let you know.

~~Suriel
Thank you.

Sureil, I'm going to get my cabin sometime in June and I will post about it then. I get it in June just to make sure we can all get one. A couple years ago I tried getting Caney Creek and they were having this Gold Rush the week I picked and had to stay somewhere else, lets just say it WASN'T Caney Creek, that's for sure. As far as the dates go, well, we can have a poll on that, but I'm thinking sometime in early October. Its gotta be early for Hector and I because he's getting married on Oct 2oth and I'm going to the wedding. This doesn't mean anyone has to adjust their scedule around us, but its just the way its gotta be for us. BTW everyone, drop Hector some PM's about going, he could use a little "nudge":laugh:

After SZ we can get a poll up for the dates, even if its gotta be in late Sept I will not have a problem with that, hell its sooner for us anyways, can't complain about that:laugh: Once we get the poll up and voting is done I'll call Caney Creek, get my cabin and let them know a couple others will be calling either that day or the next and we can take the place over again and who knows, maybe the ENTIRE place this time! I can't wait till the day where we get the entire complex to ourselves, oh its going to happen, one day, some day:cool:

BTW, the MINI's are growing, even right up to the week of the trip down there...FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY SEVEN CARS:eek:

Back