• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new fuel pump....keeps spewing fuel

rsaxour

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Gosh it has been such a long time! I finally got a new fuel pump for my 2000 Contour. Runs great, however, everytime I make a left hand turn fuel goes flying! Anyone out there that can help me?????

Where is the fuel flying out of? If it is the gas fill cap, then you need a new cap. If it is coming out into the passenger compartment or under the fuel tank, they forgot to tighten the metal cap on top of fuel tank (under the rear seat bottom cushion) or one of the lines were not reinstalled properly.

WTH?!!!!!!!! There is just a rubber ring and then the metal lid. Are you working on this car yourself? Please stop if so.

Hey, take it easy! I am just a woman asking a question. If I knew what the heck I was doing I wouldn't be here. What do I do if I can't get the ring to seal? Would I have to get yet another fuel pump?

... What do I do if I can't get the ring to seal? ......
Buy another rubber seal gasket.

There are two items here. The metal lid and the rubber seal gasket. Either the lid is not installed properly or the rubber seal gasket is not installed properly, broken or missing.

So you had a shop do it? Take it back to the shop or make them pay someone else to do it correctly.

Back