• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CEG actually has some of the BEST car forums out there...

m4gician

Hard-core CEG'er
For the cars that I run anyways, I mean I haven't looked at Civic or VW forums, but I have looked at Mazda forums (mazdaplanet or maxda 24/7 something like that) as well as a Crown Vic forum and found that these boards are REALLY well organized. I love how a newbie, can find out all they need to know EASILY (I mean with categories like Aesthetics, Performance, and Maintenece right there). There are still Search nazis out here, but for obvious reasons, the info is so much easier to find here as well as there are lists of mods, and issues right off the bat without having to post. A great example of this is the 3L forums, a lot of guys did it without posting once, or have posted only after it was done, and it started with 3L forum, READ-me, probably Budget 3L, and from then on it was easier.

I found this easier that it's categorized like this and all forums about cars should be in a similar format allowing you to find information faster.

I couldn't agree with you more. It is a very easy site to navigate through. I too go to other car forum sites and find them cluttered and harder to read. But most of all, I think it is the people here on CEG that make it the best site to go to. They are always willing to lend a hand and help out a fellow CEG'er. I have also found it fun to read with so many comedians out there. :laugh: I know that once my days as a Contour owner are behind me, I will still troll these boards.

I agree that CEG is very well organized. However, we are also fortunate because the most common models represented (pre98 Contour/Mystique, post98 Contour/Mystique, CSVT) are all very similar as well. This allows us to dedicate the entire website to the one platform and divide sections accordingly, rather than worrying about multiple generations of cars that have completely different engines/transmissions/platforms, etc.

I am very impressed with the maxima.org forums' organization, with one exception: they disabled the VBulletin search feature. You have to search via Yahoo or Google, and when I do that I always end up finding things for 4th gen or 3rd gen Maximas which completely discourages my search since they are essentially completely different cars. I'm never on that site for this sole reason.

VWvortex.com IS the best I have ever been on/involved with-- But you are right, there are a ton of people on there and threads FLY to the second or third page within an hour or so... Sometimes not even.. But they have a ton of knowledgable(sp?) people around there.. Not that we don't within our regions but our cars are typically limited (SVT's)-

Not to mention the VW's date back so far and have every kind of car on their in relation to VW and Audi--

I want my Jetta back... and to keep my SVT :( haha

edit: Not to mention, they have some of the HOTTEST car's I have ever seen on that site-- I don't know where some of those people get their money from

Back