• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock Brakes and Rotors.... Your feedback please....

CSVT_2004

Hard-core CEG'er
I need to get new rotors and brakes for my stock 99 CSVT, what I would like to hear back from everyone is your suggestions on replacement rotors and brakes...

What I would like to see is what brand rotors and brakes, a price for each, a link if possible, and a short reason why you picked what you did and how they've worked out for you....

Thank you for your time!

warmonger big brake kit, FSVT rotors (from anywhere) and bendix pads. GO! er... stop.?

I was hoping to stay stock for the time being, I did look at the kit though, but not something I really want to invest in at the current time.... Have to save as much money as possible for school an the likes....

I was hoping to stay stock for the time being, I did look at the kit though, but not something I really want to invest in at the current time.... Have to save as much money as possible for school an the likes....

For what it's worth -- the stock setup is great. If you're not going to the track, go with the original Motorcraft pads and rotors. Often, the Motorcraft stuff is cheaper than even Wagner, for example. Give a call up to Steve at Tousley Ford (800-328-9552) and tell him you want to do all four rotors and all eight pads. If you're looking for solid performance at a good price, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

For what it's worth -- the stock setup is great. If you're not going to the track, go with the original Motorcraft pads and rotors. Often, the Motorcraft stuff is cheaper than even Wagner, for example. Give a call up to Steve at Tousley Ford (800-328-9552) and tell him you want to do all four rotors and all eight pads. If you're looking for solid performance at a good price, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

+1

Steve at Tousley rocks!

I'd also say warmonger's kit, rotors from anywhere, and carbotech pads.

But that's atleast $500 right there and it looks like you're on a budget.

First of all, just get your rotors turned unless they have to be replaced. If they have to be replaced, just get the cheapest you can find.
Second, you're not gonna get any great performance pad for cheap but you can get some decent cheap ones. I put pbr metal masters on my zetec. They were like ~$40 at the time and work well for quick stops but I never did repeated stops with them so no idea about fade. All the generic parts websites sell them, just type in contour brakes in yahoo.
I have heard good things about the better mintex pads BAT sells. The cheaper ones fade quickly and don't really brake any stronger than other pads.

i just wish i could find a place to really try out my pads/ rotors. i have never beat on them. mainly cause i feel bad doing so and i haven't ever found a place to do so safely.

Back