• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I need a rear motor mount.

I don't know exactly which mount you're changing, but I've done the roll resistors on the svt and the top trans mount on my zetec and all have been easy. You won't have to lift the trans but you probably wanna put a block of wood on a jack and put it under it to support it.

No such thing as a "rear tranny mount".

There is only an upper transmission mount and two roll restrictors: One forward and one rearward.

The restrictor mount is removed, the old insert is removed from the mount, the new insert is installed, and put everything back together using the factory adjustment procedure to ensure proper alignment.

Steve

Lol, it takes 2 sockets to do, no you dont have to support the trans from under the car, it sits about 3/8's of an inch from the subframe, let it sit on it. The roll resistors are extremly easy, 2 sockets required. I bet you could have them replaced in under 30 min start to finish.

Rear roll resistor honestly takes 5 mins or less to swap out. Its stupid easy.

Undo the bolts, put in new one, install bolts again. Yes, its that simple.

If you still need a how-to you might be better off paying someone to do it for you. LOL.

If you think you need a how-to you obviously havn't actually looked at them. They are just hanging there, nothing is in the way, it is easy to get to them, and like everybody else says, a 5 min job.

because the shop where i take my car to said i need a rear tranny mount. And you all said the car doesnt have a rear tranny mount it's called a roll resistor.

because the shop where i take my car to said i need a rear tranny mount. ....
Find out from them exactly where this mount is. If they are talking about the rear of the engine, then it is the Tranny to Driver side fender mount. And I have posted the link to the how to.

Last edited:
Back