• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

rod run in pigeon forge tn

i went to the rod run my csvt eo was the only one there
i saw boss 429 mustangs
ac cobras
roadrunners
camaro rs ss all kinds of crap
new mustangs and old mustang
ford lightnings one focus
no csvt
just wondering if you guys went or ever go

Actually, I've never heard of it. I'm in Florida so maybe I don't count.

Not really interested in hangin' with a bunch of snooty Mustang guys - at least that's the way they are around here. No respect for FWD cars at all.

yeah thats true all the people i know with mustangs around think my car is slow and crappy
which it is slow
faster than a civic and a dodge dakota
i beat a rsx the other day...
but alot of old nice muscle cars old guys own

I was sorta surprised at that mustang show we used to go to in ocala. I got a lot of positive comments from people about my zetec. And my zetec is reallllly slow and stupid looking, but a lot of those mustang guys still had good things to say.

heck i didnt drive my car around "cruising" or whatever i didnt even wash it
i hid it behind the hotel so the hot rodders wouldnt think i was a ricer

Haha. The only reason I had my zetec in the show was because it was free entry if you showed your car. I can't remember if I washed it the first year I went but the second, I drove from albany to statesboro the day before, got drunk, slept for three hours, drove to ocala and mainly slept in the car most the day.

Haha. The only reason I had my zetec in the show was because it was free entry if you showed your car. I can't remember if I washed it the first year I went but the second, I drove from albany to statesboro the day before, got drunk, slept for three hours, drove to ocala and mainly slept in the car most the day.

Ah, yes. I remember it well. Those guys at the Mustang & Ford show were alright, but that was a BIG show and drew people from all over. The guys that drive to attend are usually cool enough to appreciate the car for what it is. The smaller shows around here have locals with racer-boy attitudes show up - less fun.

I had my first Contour at that show Ross. It was comin' along pretty well by that time & the BAT kit was installed. I got my Koni struts shortly after, but had only installed the fronts when some guy totalled my car. :cry:

I was driving down the road in my car and saw a car show in a mall parking lot. Had some pretty nice cars like vipers, dragsters, roadsters and a couple really bad ass cobras. One blue cobra had 800 WHP on pump gass. Couldn't take my eyes off that huge kenny bell super charger or however you spell it. Anyways after i parked next to the roped off area a few of the muscle car guys were like whats that and why isn't it in the show. So i got some attention without having to pay entry :). Just wish i had fresh paint on mine. The crows feet are crazy.

yeah i want to get it painted soon but i'm not sure which color. I love and have always driven a black car, but then again i've always wanted a shiny deep blue w/flake color.

If i do decide on a deep blue i will buy new headlights and pull the lenses for eyelids and the chrome grill so that they can be painted to match as well.

Back