• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Suspension is crapping out...90k mi

NiggShevik

CEG'er
Hey everyone - I gotta 2000 svt contour all stock. goin on 90k miles. Having some issues lately with my suspension, so ive been considering a whole makeover. Are there any suggestions as to what kit i should get? Ive been looking at the bat kit since its relatively cheap. If i were to purchase a kit what other little parts should I get. Ive been hearing about the lac and bushings and stuff, and also a camber kit. Is that it or am i missing something? I'm not very car savvy and the only information i have is what people tell me. Any help is appreciated, thanks - ns

Not being car savvy, are you going to do the work yourself? Just wondering because if you have it done, any other deficiencies (lca/bushings/etc.) will no doubt be brought to your attention. Supposedly you don't need a camber kit with the BAT suspension but they are nice to have for the extra bit of adjustment they provide.
Karl

no i wouldnt be doing the work myself... ive got many friends who all know cars pretty well and also have a friend who owns a shop where i have gotten most of my work done..I think ill get a diagnosis and return to this soon. Thanks

I'm leaning towards just getting a new rear sway bar and bushings, and bat kit + camber kit. does anyone have the "rear subframe assembly", it appears this product is made specifically for this problem, any comments or complaints?

Back