• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just another update

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
Well since my internet really blows up at ESU, It seems I might be pulling weekends on CEG. lol Actually It was finally working correctly Friday afternoon right before I left. :mad:

So here's my update. My suspensions still clunks, My best guess is that it is the gap on the passenger strut tower is allowing movement, but I need to get spring compressors again to take it off and redo the nut. So I need to wait until end of october-ish when our new garage is done. *sigh*

I won't get any farther on the fiberglass rock (voltmeter/switch pod) this weekend. I have to work 16-18 hours and get phys 2 and statics work done. And I typed my geology paper this morning.

I worked a little bit on the eyebrows last night. After much pondering I like the way the eyebrows unlevel surface looks. It gives texture to the eyebrows so I will not bondo them smooth. I got one side cut, and half-ass primed last night. Here on the pics (taken at night, so they are iffy):

HPIM1532.jpg

HPIM1535.jpg

HPIM1536.jpg

HPIM1533.jpg

HPIM1537.jpg

Just another update

Those look really good. How did you go about making those? I'd be interested in making a set myself for my Mystique. Great job.

Why not try and make a fiberglass mold, and try smoothing that out...then making the eyelid out of the mold. Otherwise, I don't think thay're going to look that good in the daylight.

Just some advice.

My opinion...bondo them smooth.
You've done a lot of nice work to your car but I think they look unfinished. If you smooth them out they will flow much better with the car.
My opinion, take it for what it's worth. :)

My opinion...bondo them smooth.
You've done a lot of nice work to your car but I think they look unfinished. If you smooth them out they will flow much better with the car.
My opinion, take it for what it's worth. :)
I agree 100%. Smooth them out and they will look great!

Yeah I guess I'm gonna have to break out the bondo. After talking with alot of other people everyone seems dissappointed that I'm not.

*sigh* Heres another project that will last to christmas. lol

Shouldn't be too bad of a job. Do it in your dorm room. :)
I am glad that you decided to make them smooth. You'll be glad that you took the time to do it right.

Hahaha, I didn't even see that.
I went to answer the phone.

Bite me! :p :laugh:
Aren't you supposed to be picking up your tensioner this morning?

Bite me! :p :laugh:
Aren't you supposed to be picking up your tensioner this morning?

I already picked it up. Took the bolt off the motor mount. Lifted the motor a little bit. Got the old belt off. Need to buy a shorter torx bit or slim ratchet...or both.

Back