• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Exhaust question about 3l swap

EnoSonic

CEG'er
Which set do I order? I am looking at msds and they have a set for the 3.0l and the 2.5l, which brings up my question...which one do I buy to fit the swap?

Cool, Thanks. Seems a little expensive though. $660.00 is more than I spent on my mustang long tubes. Is there anywhere I could get them a little cheaper?

That price includes a Y-pipe, all the mounting hardware, gaskets, MIL eliminators and coating. You can order a-la-carte if you already have some of those things or don't think you need to change them.

I live in Florida, so I'll probably order mine un-coated and only get the header set - no Y or any other hardware as I have MILs & will mod my stock Y. That will cost me $250 or so for the header set.

Decide what you want with the kit & call Marty to get a price.

I called and left a msg. Hopefully they can deliver a decent price. Thanks for your help! Now is the time to do all this, if the budget allows. Any other suggestions? I am doing the clutch and the exhaust so far...

I called and left a msg. Hopefully they can deliver a decent price. Thanks for your help! Now is the time to do all this, if the budget allows. Any other suggestions? I am doing the clutch and the exhaust so far...
lightened flywheel a must when doing the clutch

Ok, officially I have a Spec Stage II clutch, 3lduratec.com 3L ported engine, gaskets, fluids, and msds headers and y-pipe (on order).

What flywheel do you suggest? Hopefully it isnt too expensive...funds are getting low.

lightened flywheel a must when doing the clutch

I'm not sure if it is a must. I did it, but if I was to do it again, I might not. If you have the money, sure. If not, the 3L has enough torque to spin the stocker.

But if you do use the stock flywheel, get it resurfaced at a reputable shop. That's the nice thing about the aluminum flywheel: it's new and doesn't need to be resurfaced.:cool:

ok, that sounds better right now. I will find a shop around here.

I hate that I have to wait for this exhaust from MSDS, I wish I would have bought it from Nautilus. I would have saved some cash and time on shipping. Although, Nautilus said they don't have the headers and y-pipes until next week and shipping would take a few days. It puts me back at the 2-3 weeks waiting MSDS said...I really need to get this done because this is my daily driver...bummer!

Back