• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Humanity!!!

and i always thought that thousand oaks is a nice neighborhood. must be some young kids with a tour also.....

I didnt have the key to the gas cap when i bought mine. The tow yard just put a drill to it and it busted open.

I used one for awhile and then got paranoid that the lock on the cap would mess up and I'd be screwed. What do you mean they "put a drill to it"? What about pieces falling down the filler neck?

Big J did you steal my gas cap??

Big J did you steal my gas cap??

Maybe the person that stole your gas cap had a Contique. :shocked:
Karl

Maybe maybe it was BigJim. He's the only other SVT in town that I know of still being around. BigJ did you steal my gas cap??

I never stop being amazed at the dumb shizit people do, pretty soon it's going to be cheaper to run race gas, I get 100 octane unleaded rocket fuel from 76 here in FL. it's only $4 a gallon and citgo has the same stuff for $3.90, we are almost there already. I guess I'll just start now!!

this is why I like the 95 with the interior release. But if you really wanted to get to the cap you can bust it open. don't our cars have a screen half way down the neck to prevent this?

that doesnt make any friggan difference.

a pen knife, hell a car key can pry open that fuel door, then you have a broken fuel door too.

I would just as soon rather not have the latching fuel door, that way your car doesn't get to terrible vandalized when someone is trying to gank your gas.

Locking Gas cap FTW, I had one on my corolla. Loved it to death.

what kind of car do you think it went into? I'm saying beat up chevy cavalier.

My beater loves your gas!!!1!!1!! :laugh:
HPIM2136.jpg

Seriously though, who the **** steals gas? I had a friend who had to syphen (bad spelling) gas out of an old boat and it was a pita. Let alone doing it in the dark, at night trying not to be seen and directly into another car...use a freakin credit card at the pump and don't worry about paying for it for at least a month...

...Weed - Makes your respond to "hey stupid" ten seconds slower :nonono:

that doesnt make any friggan difference.

a pen knife, hell a car key can pry open that fuel door, then you have a broken fuel door too.

I would just as soon rather not have the latching fuel door, that way your car doesn't get to terrible vandalized when someone is trying to gank your gas.

Locking Gas cap FTW, I had one on my corolla. Loved it to death.
Depends on the fuel door. The Contour's is thin, but my Maxima has a 1/2 cm lip running along the entirety of the door. Makes it a little more difficult for something as small as a penknife to get in.

Back