• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

got a new vehicle and more...

skunk

Veteran CEG'er
Hey all, It's been awhile. Michelle and I traded our 03 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer in for a 06 Explorer Limited. It's Dark Cherry with Black leather, Chrome 18" wheels with tire pressure monitor, It has the new 3 valve 292hp 4.6ltr V8 :laugh: . powerfolding 3rd row, towing package, rear air/heat and tons more options. low milage sales manager vehicle alittle over 9,000 miles. really nice truck, we are excited.

I'm on disability retirement, career is over, happened jan. of this year. Finally got my retirement stuff from the union and my iaff retiree card. I have up and down days about this and don't really want to get into it any further if you know what I mean. I still go to boston for treatment and have nagging headaches and contstant backaches. It has at times put a strain on my marriage be we are going strong..again alot has gone on and can't really put the whole thing onto words to make most of you understand. I have put on about 30 freaken pounds though through this and hopefully this spring I'll get of my azz and do something about it.

My oldest son, has some of you may have known, finally graduated basic training, he made platoon leader and we had a blast at his graduation. he is at Ft. Lee Va cont. with training and awaiting orders, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I still have the contour (like I would get rid if her right:crazy: ) and it's still in winter storage. No plans has of yet, I'll have to see how things go.

Kim happy B-day, Brian car is looking great.Matt whats up buddy. Goonz glad you finally got your G you fag. Elky keep the hearse warm I may need it LOL. Po thanks for kind pms. for all the newbies maybe I'll see ya at a meet.

I'll have to slim down though before I go to a meet :eek: .

Man that sucks about the job. I can't imagine being busted up that bad. Sorry to hear it.
congrats on the new vehicle at least.

Lol I hear ya on the losing weight thing. Ever since I saw the SZ05 pics/video, I vowed to lose weight before attending anymore of them. I've failed horribly at that, and I'll be heading into another failure next month. :(
Don't look at old pictures of yourself. It'll depress you even more.

Man that sucks about the job. I can't imagine being busted up that bad. Sorry to hear it.
congrats on the new vehicle at least.

Lol I hear ya on the losing weight thing. Ever since I saw the SZ05 pics/video, I vowed to lose weight before attending anymore of them. I've failed horribly at that, and I'll be heading into another failure next month. :(
Don't look at old pictures of yourself. It'll depress you even more.

Tell me about it. Was 175 for the first two years of college, then I stopped playing basket ball and working out. yeeeeesh. we will lave it at that. But I we did buy a weight machine from sears about two weeks ago and I have been using it every day (except two when i wasn't home).

my uncle had to retire from a work injury as well. he was a fireman in the mines around here. small guy, about 5'4'' or so. anyway they were training for some stuff and there was a problem with the hose while it was hooked up to the water source. So he went over to see what was wrong with it, as soon as he touched it, the clamp went on it. The water sent him literally flying threw the air for 20 feet and PINNED him on the wall until they could get him down. Scary stuff.

grats on the new stuff too!!!

Thanks guys. The town Dr and the state medical board who reviews the cases basically stated I can no longer perform the duties of a firefighter/emt safely. I'm not horribally disfigured but the injury to my back/neck and the damage to my nerves and muscles no longer allow me to do the heavy lifting at tasks needed to do the job. While we don't have fires every day we did average 10 ambulance calls a day, the requires alot of lifting both patient and strecher, it would just agrivate the injury to no end on cause me a life of never ending pain.

Like I have said before, I have great memories, many pictures, videos and citations from 16yrs of fighting fires and saving lives, now I have to take care of mine. I have been to fellow firefighters funerals(worcester & fdny included) fundraisers for brothers/sister with cancer and other diseases, I am no better than them, I can always say that I did the job and saved some lives. I do need to look to the future though and that is the hardest part.

nuff of this crap.... I love you too goonz:eek:

Hey Chris I was wondering what you've been up to. Congrats to your son! I'm in the Boston area till Sept 1st so if you're around and want to catch up or need anything shoot me a PM ;)

Agreed with the weight deal. I've lost five pounds since last summer but I think that's due to paying for my own food (and therefore foregoing a few meals :) ). Or maybe my friends' scale is off. Either way I need to start exercising before my metabolism really starts to slow down.

congrats on the truck, but that sucks about your job.

i am gonna jump on the bandwagon about the weight thing, i have gained almost 30 pounds since i started dating Jess and i have no motivation to get rid of it.
bah...

chris your outlook and attitude about all of this still amazes me, more power to you and best of luck in the future. :cool:

and I too have to jump on the band wagon about weight ... I think I put about 20 pounds on since leaving school and or moving out but I have stabalized and haven't gone up any more luckly ... now to finally get to the gym I'm paying for in my rent :blackeye:

Thanks again for the comments. I know it was kinda of a crazy post I lumped alot in, but like I wrote, so much has gone on I just got all out in one post:help: .

I also wanted to add that this has to be one of the best explorer's hands down. The interior is unreal, the seats are soft and compfy. The drivers seat has power adjustable seat backs like the contours(used to manual) and power lumbar. The heated seats also heat your lower back!! Ford really did improve the suspension and the new fully boxed frame is much stiffer and doesn't jiggle on rough roads. The new 292hp V8 kick butt and is really smooth coming from the old 2valve V8 huge differance. To bad mags like car&driver and motortrend beat up the explorer and ford in general, this is a classy truck, loaded with good stuff, plus safety like rsc, side airbags, and stability control. too bad.

Nice to hear from you, Chris! 292hp, huh? :drool: I got my T-bird dyno'ed for baseline -- 129hp, 210ft-lbs. :blackeye: :nonono: The good thing is that I was able to get that thing going close to 150mph. :D The cheap-ass Cooper tires I had on didn't like that too much.

If you head to the Longwood area for treatments, let me know and we'll meet up. I'll be at Brigham & Women's and Beth Israel Deaconess starting next Monday through mid-June.

po, pm me or I'll do the same so I can get your cell #. I know I'm back there either the end of may or the very begining of june. Michelle comes with me so it would be nice to hook up.

Back