• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

spacers

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
i was looking at my rims today. and they look a little pushed in. im considering the H&R spacers. Except I dont know what size would look good either 5mm or 15mm.

i would go with whatever size puts the wheel at the recommended offset , also do these require longer wheel studs? i would imagine the 5mm probably wouldnt but 15mm might

5mm and 15 mm is a big difference. Im running some custom cnc machined 13mm spacers on my front hubs to clear my baer brakes since my 19s are deep dish. They do require different studs. I honestly would go with 5mm spacers myself. IIRC BAER said I needed a minimum of 1/16" clearance between the wheel and brake caliper. Also, the more you push the wheels out, the greater chance you have of a wheel bearing failing.

If you're asking for suggestions, I'd probably go with the 5mm, but this is without looking at your car or even knowing what rims you have right now.

I have 3mm spacers for my OZ superleggeras and they look good, 5mm would probably be perfect.

Do you have spacers that have studs pressed into them, or just solid spacers?

solid spacers. I had to get longer studs to compensate. I believe if you get studs that are countersunk into them, you have to at least have 15 mm spacers. Btw, this would be one way to convert to a 5 lug.

Back