• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Difference between SVT and regular exhaust?

loggerbomb

Hard-core CEG'er
Just wondering what the difference is between a CSVT and the regular exhaust thats on my Mystique. Mine is going to have to go sooner than later and wondering if its worth it to pick one (CSVT exhaust) up.

its worth it for the sound alone ... some of the main piping is larger and then of course it y's behind the gas pipe to the duals ..

Just wondering what the difference is between a CSVT and the regular exhaust thats on my Mystique. Mine is going to have to go sooner than later and wondering if its worth it to pick one (CSVT exhaust) up.
Dual exhaust vs. single.

DSC00321smaller.jpg

That picture does not compare Zetec to SVT exhausts. That's a regular V6 exhaust from a 98.5 with a SVT exhaust from a 98.

The exhaust bends changed for 98.5. A 98 exhaust installed on a 98.5 will cause the exhaust to hit the fuel tank.

What needs modifying at the beginning of the exhaust?

Sorry for all the back and forth, but I might be getting a 00 SVT exhaust and so I just want to make sure I'm not going to buy something that won't work or waste the time of the potential seller.

Last edited:
Problem Solved...Zetec Power!!!!

Ricer Fly By At An Alabama Meet, With Mikey Boy At The End... Priceless

This Was Me, But Because It's An ATX, I Was Bouncing Off Of My Rev Limiter...

Cruising By At Another Meet Outside Of The Hotel...Ask Your Boy Hector Why We Almost Got Booted Because Of His Loud Ass Exhaust!!!:laugh:

CTA Motorsports Intake, SVT Exhaust No mufflers at all, but stock SVT resonator still in place.

I got so many compliments on this this exhaust it was unbelievable.

Back