• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My CSVT thinks its a Hummer H1, Help ME!

qbcsvt

Hard-core CEG'er
Well the past couple weeks i owned the CSVT ive been driving it put about 300 - 500 Miles on it. Well Every 2 days im putting between 34-38 dollars in Super @ 2.80 a gallon. I Drive about 100-120 miles and my car says im thirsty for gas again. 13 gallons where did they all go. I have a CEL and have various things i wanna do to the car as i just got it(Batt relocation, Sound System, as the amp is currently fried, Rims, mirko, intake, exhaust, and reinforced subframe for the sway bar is broken, then a paint job.) Well regardless Im young and just spent all my money and friends money on the car and i have a court date for 4 tickets when i just got out of court a couple days ago for 4 tickets. o GOSH sad story well lets make this short

WHY does my 99 CSVT #0532 think it is a Hummer H1, keeps guzzling gas like there is no tomorrow?? I have a CEL on?:nonono:

Thanks for the input Guys!

You need to get the DTC's pulled and clear the CEL. Go to AutoZone or Advance Auto and have them scan the computer and tell you what codes were reported. Don't take their word as to what parts to buy. Get the codes and Post them back here.

Yess find out that CEL post the CEL code becasue have the time the guys at auto zone and advanced dont know what they are/what causes it..

Kinda on the same subject my car gets about 230 miles on a tank, and almost all of these miles are in town. Is this normal for a CSVT driving nicely "most" of the time? :laugh:

how about you fix any problems first before you go an modify the car ....

second, the cel maybe causing additional fuel to be used depending on what the problem is ..

also stop driving flat out and going 132 and I bet the tank of gas will last longer :rolleyes:

how about you fix any problems first before you go an modify the car ....

second, the cel maybe causing additional fuel to be used depending on what the problem is ..

also stop driving flat out and going 132 and I bet the tank of gas will last longer :rolleyes:

Will do Will do. O ya i gotta stop that wreckless ****. Its ****ing fun but flat out stupid.:shrug:

1) Language and attitude :nonono:
2) SLOW the hell down. And shift before 4000rpm
3) Heres the list of things you've probably destoryed driving like a nut:
-plugs and/or wires
-o2's controlling fuel are probably due (upper banks)
-The pre-cats in the headers
-The Manifold/EGR system is probably googled with crap
-The MAF may need to be cleaned if you installed a new K&N filter.

Whats the mileage?

Back