• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is a Cold Air Kit much quieter than the Short Ram Air?

Dude, people are trying to explain **** to you and youre being an a$$hole.

Now, get yourself a different filter, K&Ns have one of the best flow rates so they flow more air, hence the louder sound at throttle. In my experience different filters have different sounds. My old Zetec sounded different and louder when I swapped out the S&B Powerstack with a K&N.

A 400 hp LS1 and you can't figure out your intake problem on a Contour?
Who did the work on the car, I need some references...

Last edited:
billy, if it's a matter of sound, and the tour being too loud, get keep the stock airbox in it, or fit a svt airbox in it and just drop in a k&n. you can go right to their web site.. then even send you stickers.!!

Dude, people are trying to explain **** to you and youre being an a$$hole.

Now, get yourself a different filter, K&Ns have one of the best flow rates so they flow more air, hence the louder sound at throttle. In my experience different filters have different sounds. My old Zetec sounded different and louder when I swapped out the S&B Powerstack with a K&N.

A 400 hp LS1 and you can't figure out your intake problem on a Contour?
Who did the work on the car, I need some references...

Wrong. Ricer faggots on this site are giving me sh*t cause I dont like how ricerishly loud the Ram air is so I took it off and wanted to see about others options. But my question has already been answered so no need to post... a$$hole.

time out sir, thats no way to post on this forum. even though some other guys can be complete jerks doesn't mean that you have to fight fire with fire, with these guys kindness kills a bunch of the time.

since you have your answer of how to fix the issue then i guess this thread is threw, we'll see you in other topics.

for now just drop by your regional forums and get to know the guys and girls in your area and maybe fo to some meets.

the regional forums is where many of these guys took me under their wings.

time out sir, thats no way to post on this forum. even though some other guys can be complete jerks doesn't mean that you have to fight fire with fire, with these guys kindness kills a bunch of the time.

since you have your answer of how to fix the issue then i guess this thread is threw, we'll see you in other topics.

for now just drop by your regional forums and get to know the guys and girls in your area and maybe fo to some meets.

the regional forums is where many of these guys took me under their wings.

I reported this thread as soon as the name calling against me started.

Nothing was done.

but thats ok, its not like you have to take things into your own hands.. i've gotten myself into a few of these threads, and talking crap back gets you no where. if you look back into the FI forums i dug myself a whole asking whether or not a WRX turbo would work in my car.. haha. after a week of chewing me a new a.hole i gave up and started killing them with kindness.

but thats ok, its not like you have to take things into your own hands.. i've gotten myself into a few of these threads, and talking crap back gets you no where. if you look back into the FI forums i dug myself a whole asking whether or not a WRX turbo would work in my car.. haha. after a week of chewing me a new a.hole i gave up and started killing them with kindness.

So just for asking a question these jerk offs treated you like sh*t for a week straight instead of as a fellow enthusiast and in return you kissed up to them?

F*ck all that kinda bullsh*t!

yea, cuz once you own up to them.. its cool. think of it kind of like hazing, in the least bit of terms, but now i can pretty much go up to any of these guys in a forum tell them to take their skirt of.. put a little smiley face and the topic moves on.. its sick and twisted, i know, but its the internet.. winning a fight on the interent is that same as winning a race in the special olympics, either way you're still retarded...

yea, cuz once you own up to them.. its cool. think of it kind of like hazing, in the least bit of terms, but now i can pretty much go up to any of these guys in a forum tell them to take their skirt of.. put a little smiley face and the topic moves on.. its sick and twisted, i know, but its the internet.. winning a fight on the interent is that same as winning a race in the special olympics, either way you're still retarded...

That's about the most gay ass sh*t I've ever heard.

No thanks.

no problem man.. if you ever need anything. not all of us are bad cookies.. PM me.. or luca and she will be more than happy to help.

Back