• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New owner

SVTRacer

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey all. just thought i'd post and let you all know about a new owner of a '98 ford contour svt. im 16 yrs old. i come from a car family so the car will be in good hands for a long time. :) if anyone would like to help me out or anything that sort. it would be most appriciated. i am looking for some new parts. (ex. front bumper cover). if anyone has one or knows where i can get one, let me know please. thanks.

Last edited:
it will end FINE, until a year has passed and their 17.. and their screen name isn't accurate.

it will totally end fine. dad is forcing me to take car of it....he says the svts are rare. so i guess i HAVE to take care of it n make it work

Well, I hope you do take care of it. Consider yourself lucky that you are getting a decent all around performance car for turning 16. DOn't do anything stupid in it....i.e. top speed run, burn out contest, long sweeping right hand turns at high rpm's. etc.

Don't do burnouts when you get your license, you will blow the diff. Better? ;)

Congrats on the SVT. And, welcome to the CEG! :)

Please take care of it and be careful, parts are hard to come by.

Where are you located?

yeah, im gonna deff. take car of it. i love it. its soooo cool. :) im located in dover, del. boring state...nothing to do....except work on the car now...

Then you, sir, are a poor example of the emphasis on "take care".

You can do a burn-out in a Geo Metro, but is it smart? Drive INTELLIGENTLY. roll in to the power.. smooth shifts, not banging the dang shifter up and down, etc.

oh i know. except my shifter cable clamp is missing at the end near the tansmission...so its real loose when its in gear....any way i can fix that?

One more thing...
keep the coolant a half inch above the MAX line and run 6 to 6.5 quarts of oil.
The coolant sensor is "picky" and likes a bit more coolant to keep the light off. There are oil starvation issues so run the extra oil!

Stop into the regional forum (Capital CEG), if you haven't already, and say hi.

Back