• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear Window Mod?

Necronommicon

CEG'er
Ok being this is my first 4 door car I was wondering if it is possible to modify the rear window assembly so the windows roll down completely? I searched and didn't come up with anything so your thoughts or answers would be appreciated.

I do believe that the glass wont go down all the way because there is not any clearance for it or the way its shaped. Something along that line.

look at the difference in shape from the front and rear doors.

See that huge concave scoop that is required for the rear tires to be attached to the car?

That kind of makes it impossible to fit glass in there that is the same height as the window opening. the glass has to be "shorter" so that you can fit glass in there and yet still have an "open/close" action that can happen. Make the glass bigger and you lost opening clearance. Make the glass SMALLER and you lose coverage in the opening.

Sorry.. it isn't happening.

See that huge concave scoop that is required for the rear tires to be attached to the car?

That kind of makes it impossible to fit glass in there that is the same height as the window opening. the glass has to be "shorter" so that you can fit glass in there and yet still have an "open/close" action that can happen. Make the glass bigger and you lost opening clearance. Make the glass SMALLER and you lose coverage in the opening.

One thing you have to learn on here is how to ignore :censored: replys like this one... I learned that once, now I just lay low. :laugh:

One thing you have to learn on here is how to ignore :censored: replys like this one... I learned that once, now I just lay low. :laugh:
It's cool. A post like that is actually what I wanted. Blunt and to the point. I never even bothered to take a good look at the lines of the car before asking so its not unexpected. Hey, if you don't ask you won't know. ;) I guess I'll just have to find some other cheap(next to free) mod that I can do for now.

....are you serious?

It had the answer the poster was looking for AND an explanation. If that isn't considered a good reply, then I don't think these boards are for you.

and he only has 8 posts.. come on now these boards are so much NICER then when i joined. if you don't want a answer like that then use the search... trust me there is no question that has not been asked on these boards or the old..

csvt2200,
Judging by your reply, you haven't learnt anything yet!:nonono:

I personally thought Ray's response is perfect. Gives a good explanation of why its not possible and at the same time reminds people to use their common sense. :idea:

Back